Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36151 - 04/02/04 08:21 PM Fur Coats - Wool Coats A Land of Style!!
RennerLKO Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
For all you travellers wondering what to wear on a cool March/April night for a stroll, here is my advice from first hand observations in Madrid, Oviedo, Gijon, Santander and Bilbao:
LADYS: fur coasts, the bigger, the better. Stunning furs everywhere and proud, beautiful women wearing them. Finally, a place where political correctness regarding furs is vanquished.
MEN: wool or cashemere coats in browns, dark greens or dark blues. Full or 3/4 length seems to be in style.

Everyone: leave your synthetics in the room. Borrow grandma's fur coat for your trip.

#36152 - 04/04/04 04:21 PM Re: Fur Coats - Wool Coats A Land of Style!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I noticed the valorous women who wore furs when I was there last, and promised myself to take my blue fox next time, I'll dye my hair to match it of course!

I love the stylish way the Spaniards dress. My son, who was 16 when he went, said that the Spanish girls always dressed so feminine and that is what makes them prettier as a group.

They have also mastered the language of the scarves, have you noticed? I had to stop one lady at the Museo de Bellas Arter cafeteria and flat out asked her how she made such an intricate design with her scarf.

Also they have the most darling shoes, did you notice? The colors are to die for, they actually have the shoes match the outfit! That is true elegance.

#36153 - 04/06/04 05:13 PM Re: Fur Coats - Wool Coats A Land of Style!!
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
The thing I love about staying in Spain is dressing up a bit even just to go downstairs to buy the morning bread, it is the only time I ever where a suit anymore. The tailors are still a really good deal in my book. I have used the same one since the 1960`s believe it or not, and while the prices have gone up, it is still a treat to order and tool around in a tailor made suit.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments