Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3615 - 02/17/02 05:37 PM Madrid ho(s)tels: Plaza Mayor Area?
juan Offline

Going to Madrid again in May and wondering if anyone has recommendations for a hotel/hostal around $100-125 a night double in the Plaza Mayor area. I had stayed at the Hotel Carlos V in 1994 and it was ok. Also, any wisdom regarding the Hotel Prado on Calle del Prado on the way to guess what? Thanks!

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3616 - 02/18/02 06:10 PM Re: Madrid ho(s)tels: Plaza Mayor Area?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hi there!

I have a recommendation for you, I cut and pasted the following from a posting I made back in April:

"The 2nd stay in Madrid was Friday the 20th, we decided to splurge a little and stay in a 'real' hotel. We found the Hotel Madrid (Best Western), on C/ Carretas-an even better location than the Playa-right off of Sol, the Sol Metro stop was about a 1 minute walk from our hotel, at the end of our street. The hotel offers free pick up at the airport, and an 800 peseta shuttle ride back, which these in itself save you a 3,000 or so peseta taxi ride to and from the airport. The room was your typical room, neat, clean, we had a tv & phone, but the bathroom was wonderful. It was the BEST shower I've EVER had in Spain-- the water pressure was incredible,and the hot water didn't end! For the double we paid 19,000 ptas."

I still agree now, and will (hopefully) be staying there the next time I return!! The hotel is probably a 5 minute walk to Plaza Mayor, and once the conversion took place, it came to less than $100 per night.

Have a great time!!

GG

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2710 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments