Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36103 - 02/18/04 01:41 AM Most popular luggage in Spain?
lasketchup Offline

I have never realy had my own nice set of luggage and so I need to purchase some however I can't seem to find any I realy like. I saw a picture of a spaniard not that long ago who had a suitcase right next to her. I realy liked the style of the suitcase and figured I would try and find out where I could buy one since it looked exactly like the type of luggage I have been looking for. I would get a different color but I realy loved the style and couldn't figure out the brand so I figured I would at first start by checking all the spanish brands. Anyone know the most popular luggage brands in Spain I would realy appreciate any help.

Allison

#36104 - 02/18/04 03:05 AM Re: Most popular luggage in Spain?
Miguelito Offline

well, I think the most popular is samsonite, in fact it's the only brand that I know, although there are a lot with no brand or nonknown brands. Probably there are also other brands.
I know a few brands for backpacks, but I guess you want a suitcase.

#36105 - 02/18/04 05:02 AM Re: Most popular luggage in Spain?
lasketchup Offline

Thankyou for replying it will surely help me get started in the right direction. I would like a suitcase for the plane rides back and forth but I also wouldn't mind looking into backpacks because I would love the chance to backpack on my breaks from study.

#36106 - 02/18/04 06:24 AM Re: Most popular luggage in Spain?
Miguelito Offline

For backpacks the best brands I remember now are Artiach and Altus. Inescas is cheaper and has a good quality too.
You can have a look at models here
http://www.barrabes.com/barrabes/treedept.asp?dept_id=257&opt=d

If you go to the main page
http://www.barrabes.com/home.asp
You can change to English in the right top CONFIGURACION
then go to the shop section

#36107 - 02/18/04 02:08 PM Re: Most popular luggage in Spain?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Another option to look at is Salvador Bachiller. You can find one of their shop in the Goya-Alcala crossing

#36108 - 02/18/04 11:00 PM Re: Most popular luggage in Spain?
lasketchup Offline

I checked the samsonite website and I am now pretty sure that the suitcase was one of samsonites. I found one at there site that looked almost exactly like. However I didn't much of there backpacks that I liked so I will surely be checking out the other links and brands you all posted. Thanks again:)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments