Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3604 - 02/16/02 12:48 AM Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
Has anyone recently stayed at the Hotel Mora? I am a woman who will be travelling alone to Madrid June 9-15 and I want to know if the Hotel Mora is in a safe neighborhood. I read somewhere that it is within walking distance of the train station and somewhere else I read that the area aound the train station is unsafe. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3605 - 02/16/02 01:40 AM Re: Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Catalina! Hotel Mora, Paseo del Prado, 32 (near Atocha train station), is in a good neighborhood, near Huertas, in fact (see the thread on " Huertas,Madrid " in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum.

Take a walk through it HERE through the QDQ.com website. Keep in mind that the hotel faces a very busy street.

The area around the train station is really very safe during the day and probably even at night if you're NOT a woman walking alone - even then it might be fine, but why take chances? Hotel Mora isn't SO close to the train station, though - you can't see it from the hotel, I don't think.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3606 - 02/17/02 02:32 PM Re: Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
lealanai Offline

Loc: massachusetts
I stayed at Hotel Mora this summer. I found the rooms clean, the staff pleasant and the location excellant. I walked with my daughter at night and didn't feel especially nervous, but it's true that it's a long stretch on a busy street. Hotel Mora was conveniently located near Atocha and has a coffeeshop right next door.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments