Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3604 - 02/16/02 12:48 AM Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
Has anyone recently stayed at the Hotel Mora? I am a woman who will be travelling alone to Madrid June 9-15 and I want to know if the Hotel Mora is in a safe neighborhood. I read somewhere that it is within walking distance of the train station and somewhere else I read that the area aound the train station is unsafe. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3605 - 02/16/02 01:40 AM Re: Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Catalina! Hotel Mora, Paseo del Prado, 32 (near Atocha train station), is in a good neighborhood, near Huertas, in fact (see the thread on " Huertas,Madrid " in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum.

Take a walk through it HERE through the QDQ.com website. Keep in mind that the hotel faces a very busy street.

The area around the train station is really very safe during the day and probably even at night if you're NOT a woman walking alone - even then it might be fine, but why take chances? Hotel Mora isn't SO close to the train station, though - you can't see it from the hotel, I don't think.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3606 - 02/17/02 02:32 PM Re: Hotel Mora(Madrid):Safe neighborhood?
lealanai Offline

Loc: massachusetts
I stayed at Hotel Mora this summer. I found the rooms clean, the staff pleasant and the location excellant. I walked with my daughter at night and didn't feel especially nervous, but it's true that it's a long stretch on a busy street. Hotel Mora was conveniently located near Atocha and has a coffeeshop right next door.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2369 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments