Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#35956 - 08/09/03 09:15 AM Re: about cameras...??
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Sensible precautions described above will keep your any camara safe. Nothing will keep you from looking like a tourist, so just have fun.
The distinction made above between "mugging" and "pickpocketing" is valid - you are not nearly as likely to be assaulted as you are to be picked. After having living in Washington, DC, and in Manhattan for twenty years or so (I am happily free of all that now!), I found that the few petty thieves I came across anywhere in Spain were a sad lot and not worth worrying about. Most will fold like a matchstick, but beware the eastern european malefactors (easily the most dangerous criminal element).
I insist on lugging around a sony "handicam" (trv11) in Spain, out of sight over the shoulder and under my jacket, or in a plastic grocery bag from Mercadona so it looks like a package of chorizo. By the way, the eccentricity of the wrinkled Mercadona package goes a long way towards making me look less than a choice target!

#35957 - 09/14/03 10:49 PM Re: about cameras...??
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Help.... I was recently, given a digital camera and have questions about the free internet storage sites. Like most, I am concerned about what do do with the photos when I fill the card. Do any of you have experience with a specific site that you would recomend? Have you used the site successfully in Spain? Do the internet cafés allow you to plug your camera into their computer?

It is a challenge to make the switch, but I think that the digital camera will be especially good for foreign travel.

#35958 - 09/18/03 12:30 PM Re: about cameras...??
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Hi, I have a friend who uses " www.snapfish.com " for online foto storage, and MSN offers storage for fotos too, some other friens use that one - I have not, I have used neither of these but have used them to look at the photos of others, and from my perspective they are both adequate... you should be able to find the services you need at internet cafés, try contacting them directly yourself via internet search to ask about the services they offer! good luck!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments