Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3592 - 02/12/02 12:40 AM Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
T-bone Offline

Loc: central california
At Hostal López , they won't accept reservations 6 mos. in advance? I sent them a reservation request via email for 3 nights stay starting on Aug. 24. Their exact response-"I regret it, but we do not make reservations so long in advance." Huh?? All the information that I have gathered from this great message board tells me to book well enough in advance to avoid dissapointment. Totally caught me off gaurd. Never have I had problems in booking hotels in other European cities months in advance. Should I wait and submit another reservation request at a later date, or just find another hostal? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3593 - 02/12/02 02:54 AM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
T-bone

Probably incase they get an even better offer.

I'm not sure how long you could leave it with Hostal Lopez , because as you say they are very popular and get booked quickly. I'm just not sure what this magic date is. I think when I once tried to book there, Nuria, the lady in charge of booking suggested about 2 months before.

Having said this, I have twice booked Hostal Martin in December/January for the following August no problem.

Jo

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3594 - 02/15/02 11:28 PM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yo T-Bone! What UP, Dog?! hehehe... wink

While I don't have a definitive answer as to why Hostal López doesn't take reservations so long in advance, I can say that I've been there a number of times and they don't use a computer to take reservations, but a kind of reservations book. Maybe THIS is why. I don't know for sure. But it also may be because people tend to make OTHER lodging arrangements and NOT cancel those reservations previously made at other places. I suppose if one makes reservations 6-months in advance there's always the chance the trip will be cancelled/changed/altered, reservations might not be cancelled, and then the room will go empty that night. And an empty room in hostels means less income for the family whose livlihood IS having a hostel as full as possible every night.

Maybe Antonio can give some insight as to why some hostels don't make reservations so far in advance.

Have a GREAT time in Madrid and around Spain! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3595 - 02/16/02 09:38 AM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You have already explained the reason perfectly.

#3596 - 02/18/02 04:25 PM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
If you have no real preference for a hostal dont book.Pick 2 or 3 you like and walk up on the day and see if they have vacancies.A)you get to see the room and B)youll probably get a discount.Though Im sure Antonio wont see it this way! eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1846 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments