Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35932 - 05/06/03 04:42 PM attire in southern spain in june-august?
sneak Offline

hello.
i will be studying in granada for june and july, and travelling about in august, and i'm wondering what type of clothes to pack. the main reason i'm concerned about this issue is becuase when i was in south america, those people who looked the most like foreigners were haggled/hassled the most. i don't know if spaniards hassle tourists to the same degree, but i would like to avoid this problem (or at least diminish it), by not sticking out too much.

also, i don't want to pack that many pieces of clothing, but already i need 4 pairs fo shoes: hiking boots, skate shoes, black dress-comfy shoes and sandals (i have large feet and will not be able to buy shoes over there).

i am into partying as well, and would like to know what people wear to the clubs (ie: dark colors, skirts, etc...)
i was told that many women in spain wear dresses throughout the summer, so what about short cargo skirts or jean shorts?

#35933 - 05/06/03 05:12 PM Re: attire in southern spain in june-august?
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
If you are female and under the age of 40, you can't go wrong with low-cut, wide bell bottom jeans for almost any occasion. If you don't want to pack a lot, you can take your chances and wait until the "rebajas" season in August and re-stock your wardrobe at Zara, Bershka, Mango, or any of the thousands of stores that cater to female shoppers. I have seen native Spaniards in the "full tourist outfit" of shorts and white sneakers during the summer, but they were usually younger and obviously local.

#35934 - 05/07/03 02:44 PM Re: attire in southern spain in june-august?
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
anything really goes in the south of spain due to the heat. It can be 40 degrees everyday but yes the spanish woman do tend to wear dresses but this is usually the older/rich ones.

but demin skirts, linen is alos good and cool. they have great shops but dont expect to get trousers if your over 5ft 6 ish! if your going to the beach in august you would be better of to bring your swinsuit as they are often 45 euro for a plan one. Where do you hope to go. Make sure to also bring a good backpack for hiking up the siera nervida .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments