Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3592 - 02/12/02 12:40 AM Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
T-bone Offline

Loc: central california
At Hostal López , they won't accept reservations 6 mos. in advance? I sent them a reservation request via email for 3 nights stay starting on Aug. 24. Their exact response-"I regret it, but we do not make reservations so long in advance." Huh?? All the information that I have gathered from this great message board tells me to book well enough in advance to avoid dissapointment. Totally caught me off gaurd. Never have I had problems in booking hotels in other European cities months in advance. Should I wait and submit another reservation request at a later date, or just find another hostal? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3593 - 02/12/02 02:54 AM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
T-bone

Probably incase they get an even better offer.

I'm not sure how long you could leave it with Hostal Lopez , because as you say they are very popular and get booked quickly. I'm just not sure what this magic date is. I think when I once tried to book there, Nuria, the lady in charge of booking suggested about 2 months before.

Having said this, I have twice booked Hostal Martin in December/January for the following August no problem.

Jo

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3594 - 02/15/02 11:28 PM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yo T-Bone! What UP, Dog?! hehehe... wink

While I don't have a definitive answer as to why Hostal López doesn't take reservations so long in advance, I can say that I've been there a number of times and they don't use a computer to take reservations, but a kind of reservations book. Maybe THIS is why. I don't know for sure. But it also may be because people tend to make OTHER lodging arrangements and NOT cancel those reservations previously made at other places. I suppose if one makes reservations 6-months in advance there's always the chance the trip will be cancelled/changed/altered, reservations might not be cancelled, and then the room will go empty that night. And an empty room in hostels means less income for the family whose livlihood IS having a hostel as full as possible every night.

Maybe Antonio can give some insight as to why some hostels don't make reservations so far in advance.

Have a GREAT time in Madrid and around Spain! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3595 - 02/16/02 09:38 AM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You have already explained the reason perfectly.

#3596 - 02/18/02 04:25 PM Re: Hostal Lopez(Madrid): Can someone explain why...
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
If you have no real preference for a hostal dont book.Pick 2 or 3 you like and walk up on the day and see if they have vacancies.A)you get to see the room and B)youll probably get a discount.Though Im sure Antonio wont see it this way! eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments