MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35921 - 05/15/03 11:14 PM Re: new packing restrictions
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
They don't take kindly to "bomb jokes" so if you have any, leave them at home. In fact, i wouldn't even use the word "bomb" in a sentence. ie. "Man, flying first class is the bomb" may be translated as "there's a bomb in first class", yeah. soooo..anyway.

#35922 - 05/16/03 12:18 AM Re: new packing restrictions
Espe3 Offline

Maestra-
As per the weight of the carryon- it depends on the airline. Some of them are EXTREMELY strict with the weight, others as long as the bag is the appropriate size, don't care.

As far as how to cut the plastic ties- no biggie, if you're going to a hotel, ask reception to loan you a pair of scissors- worst case scenerio- melt it off with a lighter (careful though and stinky :p -not ideal so if you can find something to cut it off better!) or if you're staying with someone, well borrow a knife or scissors. Hakuna Matata! laugh

Snoo... as per the chocolate remark- that was because of the turron commment- there are different kinds of turron- some of them being chocolate-its a christmas sweet- just one of the many popular items people like to bring with them- Spains chocolate is not world renowned or anything like that. As for the no Dairy and your Cadbury bars- don't take it so literally! What they don't want is for you to bring in cheese (bacterias it can have), stuff like that. Thankfully chocolate is ALWAYS ok! laugh laugh Myself I usually bring a container of cola-cao! smile YUMMY!

#35923 - 05/17/03 07:09 PM Re: new packing restrictions
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
When I travel, I usually have a bunch of tubes of oil paint in my luggage. It was wild the first time when the scanner saw all the cylinders of paint, she thought they were dynamite sticks! Now I warn them about it, and there is no trouble. If you are an oil painter, like me, remember to empty out and wash out your turps and medium containers. Flamable liquids and their fumes are frowned upon on planes.

#35924 - 05/19/03 06:19 PM Re: new packing restrictions
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
In reference to the Power Bars, since they look (and taste) like C-4, they may want you to keep them up top, too! rolleyes

#35925 - 05/19/03 07:49 PM Re: new packing restrictions
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Cali, the old power bars were most definitely an acquired taste! I've been taking Luna bars with me lately...they remind me more of chocolate covered rice krispie treats! But hey, if there is no food in sight and I have a train to catch, C-4 isn't so bad! It gets your day off with a bang! laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments