Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35901 - 04/30/03 02:43 PM Going to Madrid! June OR September???
Valinda Offline

Hello All!
I just registered w/MM but I've been reading this message board for the last month or so and it's VERY informative.
I'm going to Madrid for about 3 weeks, studying @ Formula Si and living with a family. I can go in June or in September.
So now...I need *your* help...
Is one month better than the other? What are the differences (weather, crowds, things being open)? I'll be a student & a tourist; will probably do a few side trips on the 2 weekends I'm there.
THANKS in advance for your help,
Valinda

#35902 - 04/30/03 06:55 PM Re: Going to Madrid! June OR September???
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Difficult one. June and September always seem so alike in my mind – much like February and November. The weather's similar, everything's open and really, I'd base my decision on the price of the ticket to get here. Also, remember that as your June stay goes on, the weather's getting progressively better and the people happier, whereas in September, everyone's just come back from holiday, we're broke and a little sadder. the weather starts to get cooler.
As for fiestas, June is probably better in Madrid. We have San Antonio de la Florida – fun but not the best.
OK, I'd say June. It means you have to wait less too.

#35903 - 05/01/03 10:13 AM Re: Going to Madrid! June OR September???
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Barry could not have expressed it better.
There is indeed a remarkable difference in the "general mood" of the people, who in June are enjoying the beautiful weather and looking forward to their vacation or/and to work less hours during the summer days and go out partying much more often (also to the many weekend escapades cool ) laugh ....whereas in September we go back to working longer hours are have to cope with the stressful daily routine and having a whole year ahead of us until the next long vacation period in the sun (I get depresed just thinking about it eek ) frown . Aaahhhh!!!

#35904 - 05/01/03 08:52 PM Re: Going to Madrid! June OR September???
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Hey, my wife and son and I studied at Formula Si for a month last year. You are going to love it!

Tell Yolanda, Antonio, Carmina, Laurent, Inma, Rafael, and Lucía that Leo says hello. Especially Carmina, she was my profesora.

Buena suerte

Lee (Leo)

#35905 - 05/07/03 11:16 PM Re: Going to Madrid! June OR September???
Valinda Offline

THANKS for your replies!
To Barry & Pim - I absolutely know what you mean about the start of summer being awesome! BUT reality has set in & I'm going in September. I'll have another week of paid vacation and time to put more money aside...
To GoMadrid - I'll pass along the "hellos" - thanks for confirming that Formula Si is a good place to go!
Muchas gracias,
Valinda

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments