Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35867 - 04/15/03 01:02 AM Bathing Suits
Rissa Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm going to be studying in Spain starting this August! Just wondering what type of bathing suits to take. I'll be in El Puerto de Santa Maria in August & September and in Alicante in October. Help!

#35868 - 04/15/03 04:28 AM Re: Bathing Suits
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
The skimpiest, tiniest, itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.... ?

#35869 - 04/15/03 05:36 AM Re: Bathing Suits
Miguelito Offline

Have a look at this one:
http://www.dooyoo.es/product/201904.html
very original, nobody will go like you.

#35870 - 04/15/03 06:46 AM Re: Bathing Suits
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
In el Puerto de Santa Maria the beach at the foot of Avda. Bajamar seems to be more family-oriented (i.e., nothing risqué, no 'topless') but almost all beaches in Spain are now 'dress optional.' I'm sure there are other beaches nearby that are mostly 'topless.' You may have to take several types of bathing attire in order to 'fit in' everywhere. cool

There are probably days in October that might be considered 'beach weather,' but I think beaches in Alicante will be officially 'closed' by then. That just means there are no lifeguards on duty at San Juan Playa, Playa Muchavista, Campello and even Benidorm. That doesn't seem to stop the tourists from northern Europe (who, by the way, are more likely to wear less than a full bathing costume). rolleyes

#35871 - 04/15/03 10:07 AM Re: Bathing Suits
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
You can were whatever you feel comfortable in! You will no doubt see all kinds. My (female)cousins in Spain wear a modern one piece...get this so they don't loose the top! They say they can roll DOWN the top when they want to.
My wife wears a 2 piece Brazilian bikini (it even has the flag on it!) that I can put in my shirt pocket. the beauty of 2 piece is that you can wear it under clothes.
Wear (or don't) what you want!

#35872 - 04/16/03 05:13 AM Re: Bathing Suits
miche_dup1 Offline

How about- the Empress' new bikini- cos that's what will happen if you ask this lot. wink Happy holidays.

Michelle.

#35873 - 04/17/03 08:43 AM Re: Bathing Suits
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Rissa

I think whatever you feel most comfortable in will be fine. I've seen all sorts on the beaches in Spain - from the biggest cossie to the skimpiest bikini, or bit of. Nothing would look out of place smile Or should that be nothing wouldn't look out of place?

When miche and I were in Madrid and visited the pool at Lago, the most important aspect of appearance was a shiny body and a pose. But we got by without either and felt ok rolleyes

Anchovy

And I'd always had the vision of you in an itsy bitsy teeny weeny red and white strip-ed bikini wink

Jo

#35874 - 04/17/03 02:37 PM Re: Bathing Suits
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
...AF: I have that suit, and I look good in it!

I've noticed that "suit top optional" can be a very, very bad thing...especially for the "over-50 crowd" eek who still feel it necessary to "ir en topless". I think we all should just cover up for sanity's sake...and to the girl I saw playing "paddle ball" topless in San Sebastian in 1990, that sickening sight is still burned in my memory...shame on you! mad

Just say no to "el topless"!

#35875 - 05/07/03 05:37 PM Re: Bathing Suits
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
CaliBasqueo
Next time point her out to me, I'll go over and get things straightend out laugh

PS: We'll be in San Se, Pamplona, etc in June.
Agur!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments