Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35785 - 12/26/02 06:49 PM coats: styles in spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am leaving to study abroad next semester in spain (granada) in less than 2 weeks! I am excited, and starting to try to figure out what to pack rolleyes . What kinds, styles of coats are popular in spain right now (for women)...leather? wool? Any ideas????? smile
Thanks!!
Kelly

#35786 - 12/27/02 04:07 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Heaven knows I'm no fashion maven, but knee-length wool coats seem to be very popular right now. You can't go wrong with leather, either. If you are really interested in fashion, you should wait and buy a coat in Granada. smile

#35787 - 12/27/02 08:27 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
you should definitely bring a coat. Granada is basically on a mountain and it gets cold. I was there in november and people were wearing down jackets there. The syle in granada is very hippie or bohemian, there people walking around with dreadlocks. If you are a thin person , you should not have a problem finding clothes.

#35788 - 12/30/02 05:33 AM Re: coats: styles in spain
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there!

Madrid is mostly informal as far as coats go. Regular parkas are acceptable even over a suit, although the "pijos" or Spanish yuppies tend to have an expensive brand, mainly "Barbour" which charges 400$ for a wind breaker!

Also, many women wear long down coat as that was last year's trend. Long wool coats for women tend to be only if going out to a nice dinner, theatre, etc. Any mid-length coat, wool or otherwise plus gloves and a skarf (hats are rare, in general) should do perfectly.

Enjoy your trip!

#35789 - 01/02/03 04:35 PM Re: coats: styles in spain
Shazz Offline

Loc: Philadelphia/PA USA
Same bat styles. same bat channel.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments