Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35720 - 11/04/02 09:52 AM What kind of coat?
Janet Lees Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are going on a tour from Madrid to Malaga, Gibraltar, Seville, Granada, etc. and then sending extra time in Madrid. Space is limited. What kind of clothing, particularly, what kind of coat would you take for the last week of Nov. and the first week of Dec.

Janet

#35721 - 11/06/02 10:10 AM Re: What kind of coat?
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
If I were you, I would bring a fleece type jacket (hand pockets, zipper in front) AND a thin, windbreaker/golf type jacket to wear over the fleece. Both pack well and wash/dry well. Best of all you can wear either or both together as your needs vary. On my last trip to europe I was able to wear the fleece in the plane all the way as the Air conditioning was sooo cold.
Buen Viaje.

#35722 - 11/18/02 12:57 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Shazz Offline

Loc: Philadelphia/PA USA
We'll also be in madrid to malaga for 2 weeks but during xmas and new years. What kind of weather can we expect? What kind of coat should we wear there/pack? rolleyes

#35723 - 11/18/02 01:33 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Espe3 Offline

I'd suggest, of course depending on what kind of visiting you're doing (how much you want to stick out) if you have one, bring a leather jacket, or wool coat- with gloves, a scarf and hat, either can be used for sightseeing, or to dress up in for going out! smile Leather is heavy (downside), but thin and very warm- so its comfortable to wear.

Always, Always, Always, WEAR LAYERS! smile its the best way to go!

#35724 - 11/18/02 01:49 PM Re: What kind of coat?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Shazz

http://www.premiercostaproperties.com/Torremolinos/torremolinos.html

This website talks a bit about the weather and number of dry days around Carihuela.

I see you are not actually staying in the city of Málaga, but more toward the resort beach area of Torremolinos. We were actually in Málaga.

#35725 - 11/18/02 08:32 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I agree with Espe, take a leather coat, and wear layers. We were in Madrid last December and my son and I both opted for leather outerwear, not only were we warm, but we fit in as well, in any occasion, great when it began to snow. We found that many Spaniards favored leather outerwear. Do bring a pair of gloves and some type of head covering. My son, who's a teenager brought a ski hat, and I brought a Spanish Boina, when those winds pick up, you're glad you are covered.

Have some warm chestnuts in the Plaza Mayor, that will warm your insides as you have fun in spain!

Saludos,

#35726 - 11/19/02 12:30 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Shazz Offline

Very, very helpful! Gracias! I just bought one of those really heavy suede/shearlings at Express. It looks great, its really warm, but its soooo heavy. The problem with leather or suede jackets is; you can't really layer without them getting really constricting. eek But it was a great buy. If your a petite like me, or just slender. Express has some great deals on coats right now. 40% off plus there are coupons out there that cut it even less! Also if you're in the U.S. Nordstrom's is having a huge 50% off sale. Quality fabric and designs for minimal $$ wink

#35727 - 11/19/02 12:44 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Espe3 Offline

Shazz, yes about getting tight under a leather coat, that's why its best to use thin layers! :p Start with a thin undershirt, t-shirt, thin sweater...jacket! smile With the gloves and the rest of the accessories, you should be golden! smile

#35728 - 11/19/02 12:58 PM Re: What kind of coat?
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Just a little trick.

Bring fancy things to wear. In Spain we all try to do our best when it comes to clothes. If you don´t want to look as a tourist, you should bring stilish, elegant clothes.

That´s if you don´t want everybody to know you are a tourist. If you look like a tourist, you will be an easy catch, let´s say.

Even in the airport, I´ve noticed that the police stops you if you are wearing shorts, for example. But if you go nicely dressed, they won´t ask you anything. I know it´s hard after a long trip, but tennis shoes and a sweater and cotton pants is like having a big sign of "tourist" on your forehead. wink

Have fun in Spain!!

#35729 - 11/19/02 02:30 PM Re: What kind of coat?
Shazz Offline

This is not my first time in Europe.. Just Spain. And yes, I know about the sneaker thing. I'm a big fan of leather shoes also! :p Thanks for the heads up! I would never think of not being stylish! cool Especially in Spain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments