Hi Folks, between MadridMan's recommendation and my correspondence with Hostal Dulcinea , we chose to stay there for five nights the end of November on our return trip from eight days in Israel for my daughter's wedding and one day stopover in London. We arrived after midnight to find that all of the double rooms were gone; BUT, the proprietors offered us a very nice size studio apartment across the street for the same price (since they blew our reservation, I guess)- 6500 pesetas/night (that apartment advertises for 9000 pesetas -- $47.21 US or 54.09 Euros at current exchange rates). The proprietors only speak español, but I also speak pretty good Spanish, so we had no trouble communicating. They are lovely people, very friendly and provide excellent service. Calle Cervantes 19, 2º; Email address: donato@teleline.es. - a two minute walk to the Prado! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...All the best, David I. Kasse, Email address: dcskinsfan2@aol.com PS, BTW, I lived outside of Madrid 1978-1981 and these two restaurants are still excellent! Make sure you eat the most wonderful chicken you've ever eaten at Casa Mingo - a very non fancy restaurant which serves, also, the best sidra (cider) and at the somewhat expensive "Casa de Sobrino de Botín" just better known as "Botín", near Plaza Mayor - You must have reservations and suggest you ask for a table in "La Bodega". rolleyes

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: David K. ]

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: David K. ]

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: David K. ]