Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35553 - 05/31/02 09:37 PM scammed
sgerene Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX
has anyone ever been overcharged- since you dont know until you get back and get a statement- im just concerned that someone might think stupid american- or maybe onaccident over charge or charge twice(this just happened to me on a tab in texas) do you save your receipts- im using my visa check card(s) when i go over
also has anyone had their card eaten by a machine?- im bring three cards just in case

#35554 - 05/31/02 09:59 PM Re: scammed
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
If you use a credit card instead of a check card it is easier to dispute errors. With a check card the money is automatically deducted from your account and it is difficult to retrieve the funds. With a credit card you can hold the payment while resolving ligitimate disputes.

I have used credit cards in Spain for years and have not encountered any problems yet. We will see what this Summer brings.

#35555 - 06/01/02 10:47 AM Re: scammed
SRedw Offline

I agree with breibach, however, your checkcard can be used as a credit card. Something else to think about.

Shawn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1491 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments