Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35395 - 03/16/02 02:56 PM Lactose(Milk sugar) intolerance?
LW Offline

Loc: USA
If anyone who is traveling to Spain that has problems digesting any dairy products, make sure you take plenty of tablets with you for this, because you will NOT find any place, including the pharmacist, to help you with this problem(unless they have it in a specialty store there, which I have no idea). I had learned from a very knowledgeable Pharmacist in Spain, that the main people that regulates any drugs in Spain, do not believe these Lactose products work (trust me, they do work;),and the Pharmacist also knows people that had taken them and it worked very well for them also) but since his opinion wasn't equally matched, they had decided to stop selling any products in Spain for this cause (I forgot what he said when they had stopped this:()but anyway, just make sure you take plenty with you. Oh, BTW, the people that live in Spain that has this problem, usually have to order this off the internet, or go to another country and buy it there to bring back with them(si, the Pharmacist told me that too:D)... so I hope it helps someone out there, and also, if you are not sure if you have this problem, check out this site, and it will tell you the symptoms... http://www.lactaid.com/
Smile:)

#35396 - 03/20/02 09:53 AM Re: Lactose(Milk sugar) intolerance?
SRedw Offline

Soy milk can also be bought in Spain. I had no problem finding it in Madrid.

Shawn

#35397 - 03/20/02 03:29 PM Re: Lactose(Milk sugar) intolerance?
LW Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Shawn! Even though I never tried soy milk, that's a good idea. I'm hoping to move to Spain in the future and I was worried about that, so thanks again! laugh

LittleWing smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments