Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35331 - 01/27/02 11:55 PM Listerine Strips
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
We accidentally made quite a splash in Madrid by bringing the new Listerine strips. It was quite amusing watching the faces of my buddies when they tried them for the first time. It was such a hit, that I got an e-mail asking me to bring plenty with me on my trip next week! They refer to them as "little paper of menthol that we can eat".

#35332 - 01/28/02 08:05 PM Re: Listerine Strips
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I was in Spain for two weeks over New Years. I also brought the Listerine strips and they were very popular. I would not recommend them for children however. A friend's grandaughter tried one and did not like it at all. They are very powerful and almost take your breath away.

#35333 - 01/28/02 08:40 PM Re: Listerine Strips
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I had a hilarious time sharing those with my college class before Christmas...one of my students asked me if I had a mint, and I offered her one of those. She tried it and was in shock--but she loved how it cleared her sinuses. I ended up handing a little pack around the room and all of the students tried them. It's interesting to know that our quest for the ever-stronger mint (first Altoids, then these things, which make those seem like peppermint Lifesavers) translates well in Spain!

Hey, Mongo, I didn't notice until now that you're also from Mpls! We have quite a Minnesota crowd here on the bulletin board!

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: taravb ]

#35334 - 01/29/02 07:21 AM Re: Listerine Strips
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
OHMIGOSH I picked up a couple of packs of those listerine strips on my last visit home in October. My husband LOVED them. They are on my "to buy" list for my next jaunt over the Atlantic....I should also add them to my wishlist for my friends who are always sending "care packages" :-)

#35335 - 01/29/02 03:25 PM Re: Listerine Strips
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hey, folks--just back from a trip to our local Costco (warehouse club store), where you can get 144 of these little strips (6 24-packs) for $5.69. What a fun little treat to bring along for Spanish friends!

My husband and I are just waiting for the fraternity-hazing stories involving these things to come out in the news..."All pledges have to eat an ENTIRE pack, all at once, without flinching or crying..."

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments