Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35298 - 12/29/01 01:31 PM The Euro
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
I'll be in Madrid in January and have got 6000 pesetas from previous trips to Spain - will I be able to use it? Am I right in thinking I'll get my chang in Euros?
(Yes, MM I've done the searches!). laugh

#35299 - 12/29/01 01:46 PM Re: The Euro
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Yes you will be able to use your pesetas and yes you will get your change in euros (and maybe also in pesetas). smile

Fernando

#35300 - 12/31/01 02:00 PM Re: The Euro
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
Thank you Fernando.

I've just spotted my spelling mistake! (maybe a Freudian slip!).

WILL I be able to get my chang in Euro's? wink laugh

#35301 - 12/31/01 02:06 PM Re: The Euro
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Never mind notyor, I was only slightly aware of it :p

As I said, as far as I know, you will be able to get your "chang" both in pesetas or euros.

Enjoy your trip!

Fernando

#35302 - 01/05/02 04:06 PM Re: The Euro
ChicaGuay Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
HI Ya all! I am most interested to know if someone here at the Board has ever been or knows the Chamartin Area, Madrid-Norte,..I made a topic about this area, trying to get people to visit it, although I know it is not a tourist attraction site, but still, it would be nice to know another completely different face of Madrid, so, if someday you wake up while in Madrid thinking "now, what could I do different today"? Go to Cibeles or Sol, hop on BUS 51-Plaza del Peru, and it will take you straight to Chamartin, and the bus ride is so nice as it will also show you very nice neighborhoods like EL VISO, Serrano, Principe de Vergara, etc., I am VERY fond of this area as I lived there for whole three years and worked there also, my family used to live there also, about three houses from the chalet owned by the famous spanish writer ANTONIO GALA, and there is also a super huge ALCAMPO store right there, pubs, my good old movie theater, JUAN DE AUSTRIA, etc., anyway, hope someone will follow my humble advice...you won't be sorry!
8-) laugh cool :p

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: ChicaGuay ]

#35303 - 01/05/02 05:04 PM Re: The Euro
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Sí Chica, vivo relativamente cerca de donde tú vivías. But I should better switch to english before MM gets upset smile

Now that zone is quite beautiful. They have refurbished all the Príncipe de Vergara street from the Plaza del Perú to its confluence with Serrano because the Metro is going under it. Now it is almost finished and it is even more beautiful that before (althought the trees have gone and the new ones are yet too small).

They have recently founded a new luxury hotel in front of Alcampo, and also some restaurants in the Plaza del Perú (La Alpujarra, one of my favourites, The Corner's Clock, a tapas irish-style bar, and Gambrinus, a tapas bar with it's own beer).

This is a estate untainted by tourism because it is residential, so there is not much attraction by itself, but it is yet a beautiful place to walk around.

¡Un saludo desde Chamartín Chica!

Fernando

#35304 - 01/05/02 05:18 PM Re: The Euro
ChicaGuay Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
YES!!!!!! Finally someone answered my plea!

Thanks Fernando, you are so kind on answering my topic! i know what you are referring to about the refurbishing of Principe de Vergara street, because I was there this past April visiting, they used to have nice big trees when that street used to be called GENERAL MOLA,way, way back, and i know about those pubs because I passed by them one morning, there is also the GYM at the opposite corner and I believe, if I am not mistaken, that my good old movie theater where I used to go every week, JUAN DE AUSTRIA, was still there, what I missed was the AURRERA supermarket right on the corner of Plaza del Peru, there is something else there, I don't think the AURRERA chain exists anylonger, and, know what? on that nice apartment building right on top of the store that sells those super expensive sports cars, used to live the mother of the famous actor OMAR SHARIFF, I met the lady a couple times at that AURRERA market... I tell ya, when I sit down and start remembering things I do get quite excited and start counting again the hours, days, minutes, seconds that will take me to hop on the plane again and land in MY city, the Number One,....MADRID!

#35305 - 01/06/02 01:08 PM Re: The Euro
Michael Allen Offline

Loc: Oxford MS, USA
Yes you can, but make sure and keep some of them because they will be gone forever in a little while.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1886 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments