Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35295 - 12/28/01 12:38 AM electrical converters
carlie ann Offline

Loc: medford, NJ ---> jersey pri...
hello everyone...i was planning on bringing my discman with some portable mini speakers to have in my room (i'll be studying abroad and living with one woman in her apt.) and was wondering what kind of adapter i would need. I bought the 1600 watt voltage converter, the one that you're supposed to use for a hairdryer, but i'm not sure what kind of voltage my discman will put out. Is it a good idea to just fork up the extra couple of dollars and get the converter for laptops and stuff just in case or will I be ok with this smaller one? If anyone could help me out here i'd greatly appreciate it...i'm leaving for madrid in 6 days! laugh
carlie

#35296 - 12/28/01 06:29 AM Re: electrical converters
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
If I'm not wrong, any of your electronic devices will work without problem here. You will probably need a converter to plug it (that you will find in any electricity shop here). The voltage used in Spain is 220V.

The difference is not in the power it is capable of handling but in the voltage used (110V for USA, 220V for Spain) and the kind of plug. We use the standard AA batteries however.

Fernando

#35297 - 12/28/01 07:25 AM Re: electrical converters
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
My experience with converters is that hair dryers etc(heat generating items) are the most likely to wreak havoc on a converter when used for any length of time. A discman should be no problem with your converter and as Fernando said..be sure you have the 2 round-pin type plug. Walmart has them and they will usually indicate they are for "Sounthern Europe and No. Africa. Yor converter may have already come with an assortment of plug.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1626 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments