Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35280 - 09/03/01 02:23 PM Climate in Mid-September
Dorina Offline

A friend of mine highly recommended this message board -- from the postings I can see why -- I've already received a lot of useful information by reading the posts.

I hope that I may receive some additional advice on packing for my upcoming trip. My major concern is the weather. I will be in Barcelona and Madrid the week of September 10. I will be in southern Spain the following week (Granda, Seville, Torremolinos). Will summer clothing be appropriate in mid September (capri pants and sandals)or is it already a change of season? Are sandals inappropriate at this time of year? Is there a rainy season?

I plan to bring some sweaters and long pants as well. From what I've read in the guide books, the temperature varies from region to region. Any information will be very much appreciated. Muchas gracias in advance.

#35281 - 09/03/01 03:55 PM Re: Climate in Mid-September
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
There is a variable weather in mid September. You can find very very warm weather (30-40 ºC), some years we have a second summer in mid September. But you may also find a cool weather (10-15ºC). If I were you I would carry both summer and autumm clothes, just in case, and with more reason when you are going to travel from one region to another (in the coast tend to be softer temperatures).

Hope this helps.

#35282 - 09/03/01 04:10 PM Re: Climate in Mid-September
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hola Dorina, I will be in Torremolinos from 8th to 22nd Sept. The weather in previous years has been glorious with temps in the 80's and 90's. I just hope to find the same this year as I am looking to explore and sunbathe for that all over tan.
When will you be in Torremolinos?
Sue

#35283 - 09/03/01 04:55 PM Re: Climate in Mid-September
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Last year mid-September weather was very warm across the Iberian Peninsula: 42C in Sevilla and interior Andalucia, 39C in Madrid. We were able to swim at beaches in Cantabria (north central Spain). Unless you plan to go to the mountains (Pyrenees), your summer wardrobe should still be appropriate for the Costa del Sol (Torremolinos - IMHO) and for Sevilla and Granada. cool

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#35284 - 09/09/01 07:35 PM Re: Climate in Mid-September
Dorina Offline

Just wanted to thank you all for your help. Muchas gracias.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments