Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35276 - 08/16/01 10:31 PM atm machines
jeffperez62 Offline

Loc: connecticut USA
Do the atm machines in Spain require a 4 or 5 digit pin code.....or does it matter??

#35277 - 08/16/01 11:06 PM Re: atm machines
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Jeff,

Basically you'd be using a Cirrus/Mastercard, which is actually a Visa card. That would be a 4# PIN. That's the match you would make. If you want to see something interesting, go to their website http://www.mastercard.com/ and do a search for sites in Spain that you can use the cards. It's as complete as we have in the states. It doesn't even include merchants, it's just locations that you can get cash out of an ATM machine.... The vast majority of merchants, and other businesses accept them as well. Sure is a simple way to travel.

What I've always found interesting is the fact that the transactions actually seem to go through faster in Spain than they do here in the States. I have no idea why...

Wolf (Often called Plastic man by his wife... I hope she's referring to my ATM & CCs... rolleyes )

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments