Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3524 - 02/04/02 04:58 AM los amigos hostel, madrid
julia2 Offline

Loc: melbourne, australia
Has anyone stayed in this hostel in Madrid? I found the website and got the impression the hostel is new. It's proclaiming to be a backpacker hostel, but there is not a lot of information on the site. I need cheapish accomm in Madrid and want to be able to meet other people, so hotels are not what I am looking for.

The URL is www.losamigoshostel.com It also has a link to MadridMan so does that mean you endorse it? web page

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3525 - 02/04/02 07:02 AM Re: los amigos hostel, madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi julia2! Thanks for joining the Spain-loving group here!

I cannot yet endorse Los Amigos Hostel simply because I haven't seen it for myself nor have I heard any feedback from anyone who has stayed there. I think they just opened about 2-3 weeks ago. In fact, I contacted the owner/operator even before that, but have yet to get a reply. I'll have to try again.

If you decide to stay here, please return and give us a full report. You'd be the first!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3526 - 06/14/02 07:46 PM Re: los amigos hostel, madrid
LazyMark Offline

I stayed 6 nights in Los Amigos Hostel in Madrid and loved every minute of it!
The hostel is safe, really comfortable and clean, maybe because everything is brand new at the moment.
Sheets are provided free and the beds are excellent. The room I was in was on the small side, slept 6 people and was mixed. Showers were clean and hot.
The people working there are really nice and gave me lots of good information about stuff to see in Madrid.
There is no curfew and no lockout time during the day.
Kitchen was available to use but there was no oven, just a stove and microwave. There was a large fridge and freezer.
There is a good common room with tv and comfy chairs and was a good place to meet people. Everyone I met staying there was friendly and we went out in a large group most nights. The nights I didn't go out I wasn't woken up so I guess it wasn't too noisy.
The location is brilliant, right near to the Palace and the metro station Opera with lots of shops and bars nearby.
Remember to reserve (you can do this online)because it gets busy.
Oh yeah, I paid 15 euros a night including sheets and standard breakfast but I think it is normally 17 as it was on promotion when I went.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments