Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35091 - 11/04/01 08:32 PM Re: Would you take a camcorder?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Michael,
Very intuitive article. Now that I have reached my middle years I have found that I enjoy an event or artistic experience more when I have done some preparatory work before I view or participate in an event.

The question regarding whether to take a camcorder or camera lies largely in how a person prefers to percieve an image. I have seen some turn of the century real photo postcards that haunt my senses more than a current movie of the same view. But,I have noticed as I am aging that I enjoy looking back at the videos I took and how nicely it reminds me of sights and sounds I had forgotten.

This time around, I'm traveling light, so I'll be buying postcards and mailing them to myself of pretty sights, and an easy shoot rangefinder for the take home pictures of my son enjoying himself in Spain! laugh laugh wink

#35092 - 11/04/01 10:43 PM Re: Would you take a camcorder?
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
As a note, I also recommend reading The Art of Travel . It has very valuable information that all travelers should know, such as money issues, security issues, etc. As someone said before, it really does totally change your perspective on traveling out of your home country.

When deciding whether or not to take a camcorder, the amount of time spent traveling should also be considered. If you have alot of free time, you may want to use that time to take some footage. However, if you are only there for a few days, you may just want to enjoy yourself and save the camcorder for another trip.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: zero262quick ]
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1615 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments