Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35049 - 05/07/01 06:42 PM Packing dilema
Mari Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Hi everyone, I am going to my first trip to Spain on 5/18-6/4/01. I am from Miami were 50 degree temperature is our winter. I was wondering if I should pack a light coat or buy a leather jacket in Madrid? I have been told that clothes including leather jackets are expensive in Spain and that I am better off buying it at home. I am torn with having enough space in my luggage a being warm. If anyone has any ideas I will appreciate it enormously. Thanks. smile

#35050 - 05/07/01 07:04 PM Re: Packing dilema
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
A light jacket and maybe something waterproof as well is all you'll need this time of year. I was there last month and wore a fleece zip-up only part of the time because it was actually quite hot.

Leche

#35051 - 05/07/01 09:10 PM Re: Packing dilema
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
tell me about it. I've been checking the weather all week. I leave wednesday and ocasionally it's read 37°f. eek I had packed mainly tank tops & short sleeve shirts. No sweaters whatsover. I finally gave in & threw in 1 sweater. I figure if I can't take it, I'll buy something over there. I just hate the thought of packing my one & only coat. I'm praying for a heatwave the next two weeks!

#35052 - 05/08/01 10:09 AM Re: Packing dilema
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Mabella, I just got back from Madrid on Thursday. I used a jacket that tucks inside itself and is a wind breaker. I needed it!! It gets very cool at night. I also had to wear it becuase it had a hood when it rained on a Sunday morning and we went to El Rastro. Tank tops?? Are you going to the beach? They certainely don't wear them in Madrid. They also weren't even wearing sandals yet. I took a linen shirt that I could wear over white t-shirts, and one black cardigan sweater and I wore it almost the entire trip. Unless there has been a major change in a week, you are definately going to be cold. I say that, being from Chicago and used to the cold. I wore my sandals, even though no one else did. See my discussion on the jeans thread. Have a great trip. cool

#35053 - 05/08/01 03:30 PM Re: Packing dilema
Mari Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Hi Mabella,
Thank you for your response. Do you know where are the best places to shop in Madrid?
I will be traveling to Toldeo,Bilbao,Pamplona,Barcelona,Valencia,Granada,Cordoba,Seville cool You have a great trip smile

#35054 - 05/08/01 07:38 PM Re: Packing dilema
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
Thanks Nic, I caught your reply just in time, I leave tommorrow & I guess I'll have to change a few outfits. Definately a downer for me, I hate cold weather. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be so thrilled to be in Spain I won't complain once.
Mari, I have no idea where to shop. You'll be gone by the time I get back so I won't even be able to help you then. I'm sure you can find someone here to answer your shopping questions. By this time tommorrow hopefully I'll be on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic!!!! laugh

#35055 - 05/09/01 12:24 PM Re: Packing dilema
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Mari, see my posting under \"traveling light\" of May 4th . It probably should have been put under shopping, but I got carried away. Have a great trip.

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments