Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35049 - 05/07/01 06:42 PM Packing dilema
Mari Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Hi everyone, I am going to my first trip to Spain on 5/18-6/4/01. I am from Miami were 50 degree temperature is our winter. I was wondering if I should pack a light coat or buy a leather jacket in Madrid? I have been told that clothes including leather jackets are expensive in Spain and that I am better off buying it at home. I am torn with having enough space in my luggage a being warm. If anyone has any ideas I will appreciate it enormously. Thanks. smile

#35050 - 05/07/01 07:04 PM Re: Packing dilema
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
A light jacket and maybe something waterproof as well is all you'll need this time of year. I was there last month and wore a fleece zip-up only part of the time because it was actually quite hot.

Leche

#35051 - 05/07/01 09:10 PM Re: Packing dilema
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
tell me about it. I've been checking the weather all week. I leave wednesday and ocasionally it's read 37°f. eek I had packed mainly tank tops & short sleeve shirts. No sweaters whatsover. I finally gave in & threw in 1 sweater. I figure if I can't take it, I'll buy something over there. I just hate the thought of packing my one & only coat. I'm praying for a heatwave the next two weeks!

#35052 - 05/08/01 10:09 AM Re: Packing dilema
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Mabella, I just got back from Madrid on Thursday. I used a jacket that tucks inside itself and is a wind breaker. I needed it!! It gets very cool at night. I also had to wear it becuase it had a hood when it rained on a Sunday morning and we went to El Rastro. Tank tops?? Are you going to the beach? They certainely don't wear them in Madrid. They also weren't even wearing sandals yet. I took a linen shirt that I could wear over white t-shirts, and one black cardigan sweater and I wore it almost the entire trip. Unless there has been a major change in a week, you are definately going to be cold. I say that, being from Chicago and used to the cold. I wore my sandals, even though no one else did. See my discussion on the jeans thread. Have a great trip. cool

#35053 - 05/08/01 03:30 PM Re: Packing dilema
Mari Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Hi Mabella,
Thank you for your response. Do you know where are the best places to shop in Madrid?
I will be traveling to Toldeo,Bilbao,Pamplona,Barcelona,Valencia,Granada,Cordoba,Seville cool You have a great trip smile

#35054 - 05/08/01 07:38 PM Re: Packing dilema
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
Thanks Nic, I caught your reply just in time, I leave tommorrow & I guess I'll have to change a few outfits. Definately a downer for me, I hate cold weather. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be so thrilled to be in Spain I won't complain once.
Mari, I have no idea where to shop. You'll be gone by the time I get back so I won't even be able to help you then. I'm sure you can find someone here to answer your shopping questions. By this time tommorrow hopefully I'll be on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic!!!! laugh

#35055 - 05/09/01 12:24 PM Re: Packing dilema
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Mari, see my posting under \"traveling light\" of May 4th . It probably should have been put under shopping, but I got carried away. Have a great trip.

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2035 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments