Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35038 - 04/29/01 06:31 PM Sending Stuff Back Home
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Hey Folks:

All this talk about packing got me to thinking. How easy is it to send stuff back to the States? Are rates fair? Can you send food and wine back? Are there any other restrictions I should know about? I am thinking mostly of wine, books, and cheese.

#35039 - 04/29/01 08:34 PM Re: Sending Stuff Back Home
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
According to the study abroad newsletter we received last May in Salamanca:
"Airmail your packages home through Correos. Your package will take a minimum of 3 wks to arrive in the US. You must wrap your package and they prefer it to be in a box (not just your suitcase). Price for mailing from 1 to 20 kilos is 1.574 ptas. per kilo. Maximum package measurements do exist.

Shipping your package home costs less but be prepared to wait 3 months! 20 kilos (max weight)= 9750 ptas., 10 kilos = 5134 ptas, 5 kilos = 2925 ptas."

I recall friends who shipped stuff home getting a cheaper rate if they said the package contained books.

#35040 - 05/07/01 01:16 AM Re: Sending Stuff Back Home
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
thank you for the great advice majesty318. i am writing it down in my travel journal.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments