Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3496 - 01/30/02 12:21 PM Hostal Plaza (Zaragoza)
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Perfectly located in La Plaza de Nuestra Señora Pilar, it was worth the 33€ a night rate. This plaza area merges with another large plaza are (Plaza de La Seo) to form a huge public square in the historic zone.
I stayed in a small single room with a shower and sink, and used a common W.C.. The hostal is located on the 1st floor, but there is an elevator if needed. I was traveling light, so I prefered the stairs to waiting for the elevator.
My only recommendation is that you may prefer to stay in a room a a bit distant to the check-in desk, the family owners, especilly the approx.12yr daughter enjoy watching televison at high decible levels. Fortunately, Aragón produces sum very nice red wines so I was suffeciently sedated so as not to be bothered by the racket. I was in room 10, I believe they may charge a little extra for this room now, as the owner promised to mentioned to would-be guests that "Shawn slept here" laugh .
By the way, the 33€ rate doubles for October 12 celebrations for Pilar. I also noted that taxi drivers are entitled to an additional supplement during this celebration as well. If you come during Oct.12, be prepared to pay extra for everthing, everywhere.

The owner mentioned his family owns 2 other hostals in the area, so if full here he may have rooms at one of his othe locations. When do hostal owners sleep? I would return quite late ,4am or so, and I would have to ring the buzzer to be let in. It must be tough on a family to be on call 24/7.

#3497 - 01/30/02 12:37 PM Re: Hostal Plaza (Zaragoza)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Shawn!
Thanks for the GREAT write-up about Hostal Plaza in Zaragoza! I searched www.Google.com and couldn't come up with a website, but did find the specific information about contacting them. Can you verify it, please? Thanks!:

Hostal Plaza
Pza. del Pilar, 14
50003 Zaragoza
Teléfono: +34 (976) 294830
Plazas: 22 (does "Plazas" mean "rooms"?)

Also, I agree with your recommendation of requesting rooms as far from the reception desk/area when booking a hostel room. I've personally experienced what you describe as the reception area, being part of the family home, to be a bit noisy with people coming, going, chatting, etcetera. I like to get as HIGH and far away as possible to assure more quiet and more privacy.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3498 - 01/31/02 10:34 AM Re: Hostal Plaza (Zaragoza)
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
MM ,the fact you gave are correct. I pomise next time include the data, I was in a hurry when I posted, and was remiss in not including it.
Saludos,
Shawn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments