MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#34748 - 02/18/01 12:48 PM Re: Cell phones, medications and maps
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Nevado, you need to get back on Sancho Punza and get it going! Frankly, I have no clue about half the puns in the last post there.... Anyway, the suburbio/suburb thing is interesting because of the very different connotations of the words. As for me, I live in the suburbs of Buffalo but my friends live in the afueras de Madrid! Nevado, it is really snowing here today... do you take your screen name from the snow, or those delicious cookies (I think they are called nevados?!) saludos de rgf

#34749 - 02/18/01 04:52 PM Re: Cell phones, medications and maps
SpainSpud Offline

rgf, don't feel sorry you brought up the barrio thing, because I, for one, understood your explanation and, quite frankly, needed that explanation to get a sense of orientation. I did not feel you were disparaging anything and, in fact, were compassionate in your assessment of the various distinctions you made. Thanks, again. :-)

#34750 - 02/18/01 05:43 PM Re: Cell phones, medications and maps
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
SpainSpud, since I was answering your question, I am glad you are OK with it! We can't wait to hear all about the trip, and how your mother reacts, etc. Fill us in on the hotels, travel modes etc. and remember to ask all the questions you want, because somebody will know! I never took my mother to Spain; maybe you will inspire me!

#34751 - 02/18/01 08:15 PM Re: Cell phones, medications and maps
nevado Offline

My mother has been to Spain a dozen times to visit me, and boy, let me tell you, it's no walk in the Retiro! Don't be alarmed- it's MY MOTHER! She insists on striking up a conversation with every Spaniard about you name it! I remember losing her at the entrance of the Corte Inglés once because she had to show a man a picture of her dog which just happened to be the same race as his. Once we went to Morocco, just the two of us. She got on a train by herself (thinking I was just going to hop on) and was on her way to Rabat without me! I thought something terrible had happened! Finally, when she returned to Casablanca, she got off the train with her newly made friends.

Have fun!!!!

rgf, yes, my name is because of the snow and last Thursday we got plenty of it. Just when you think winter is over!

#34752 - 02/18/01 11:02 PM Re: Cell phones, medications and maps
SpainSpud Offline

(LOL....both me and my mom!) Sounds like something my mother would do, (and it's totally unconscious and automatic, it seems). So tell your mom she's not alone! I think once she gets over her initial apprehension (remember, this is her first Old World trip ever) my mom will be gabbing away (with occasional bursts of blushes when she becomes aware that she's "talking to strangers"...!) But then, this is the point, right?

I'll definitely be reporting back with the results!

[This message has been edited by SpainSpud (edited 02-18-2001).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments