Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34594 - 12/12/00 10:05 PM Packages from Spain
mimi Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
I have looked through the message board on sending packages, but I have been unable to find anything about sending stuff out of Spain? (I think my shopping will need to be posted home!!).

Has anyone had any past experiences with this? Does anyone know how long it could take to get to Australia?

#34595 - 12/13/00 05:13 AM Re: Packages from Spain
nevado Offline

In the past you could send packages by boat quite inexpensively but they have changed that in the last year or so. Airmail would be dreadfully expensive for anything of substantial weight. By boat, the mimimum price is something like 2400 pesetas for the first kilo and 250-400 per kilo after that. So it would be wise to send one large package rather than sending a few smaller boxes. Go to Cibeles (the Palacio de Comunicaciones metro Banco de España) and you'll have to go around back (to the right). There's a street with doors marked with letters. If I'm not mistaken, it's the door marked N. They will prepare your package, wrap it, and tie it up all for a small fee (250-400 pesetas depending on size). Then, you go to another counter in the same room and that is where you send it from. A package to the U.S. takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. For Australia I couldn't tell you. By the way, they no longer have a special book-rate !

#34596 - 12/13/00 07:08 PM Re: Packages from Spain
mimi Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
Hi nevado
Thanks for the info. Sounds expensive but I will do it anyway. cheers mimi

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments