Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#34583 - 12/12/00 09:06 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
Joy Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
What on earth are "Paredes"?

Btw, Nicole, I often wear scarVES (that's for MM) here in the States. My problem is my limited knowledge of different ways of tying them. I always seem to tie them in a square not with the tails hanging in front. I love adding color to my generally black wardrobe with a scarF (singular, MM, got that?). I've definitely never been accused of looking pretentious, but then I'm 30, so maybe I'm "mature" enough that it's acceptable. Who knows what funky fashion norms I break. For that matter, who cares?!

#34584 - 12/12/00 09:08 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
Joy Offline

That's square KNOT, not NOT. Heehee.

#34585 - 12/12/00 09:46 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
mimi Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
I just want to include another country here. At the moment, in Australia, it is fashionable to wear a scarf. I love wearing them too.

#34586 - 12/13/00 05:02 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
I seem to recall that scarves and neckerchiefs have been around for a long time and Dear departed John Wayne made them fashionable for men to wear. That little black one that John Voigt wore in 'Midnight cowboy' set me on a black neckerchief run that lasted years! I still have and still wear them, especially here in S.F. when a guy might need a neckwarmer because of sudden fog. There is something cowboyish about them, but for me I like to wear them just because most people can't....'let your freek flags fly'.......Rev. Mike

#34587 - 12/13/00 07:36 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
Joy Offline

I'll say! (I can say that, I lived in SF for a long time. I miss it. Freaks gravitate toward each other there.)

#34588 - 12/19/00 05:17 PM Re: So what do the Spaniards wear?
Guapetona Offline

Joy: If you would like to get a feel for Spanish fashion trends/tendencies try the Inditex group site. They are the parent company to Zara, Bershka, Pull and Bear, Massimo Dutti and the kids line Stradivarius.
Inditex is a shaping force for what many Spaniards wear. As least it has been for me.
Check it out if you get a chance and follow the links to their chains: www.inditex.com
'Taluego

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments