Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34545 - 11/08/00 09:23 PM Dress Codes
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
What generally is considered appropriate dress for the majority of Madrid's restaurants? I don't plan on eating at the most elegant places, but I understand the dress may be a little less casual than the typical American restaurants where jeans are OK. Are jeans Ok for a typical tapas crawl with a possible sit down dinner at one of the places? Thanks for helping with my packing decisions!

#34546 - 11/09/00 12:04 PM Re: Dress Codes
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Nice jeans are okay, just wear leather shoes instead of tennis shoes. If you really want to blend in, take a grey or navy wool sweater too.

You might want to do a search for clothing. I remember there being a big discussion about appropriate clothing in Spain. I think it was listed under something like "Individualism not allowed?"

#34547 - 11/10/00 04:15 PM Re: Dress Codes
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Depending on your suitcase space, and the time of year, a light blazer, or a wool-blend blazer is always okay...you can sport it with jeans or khakis and even with a t-shirt underneath, you look euro...as long as you obey the prior post and wear leather shoes instead of athletic shoes. If you try to match a blazer with zapatillas...shame on you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments