Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3433 - 01/18/02 02:41 PM Lodging in Pamplona
travler Offline

I have done a search on this site to see if anyone had any ideas about where to stay in Pamplona that is reasonably priced. I might just be missing it but I didnt see anything. My husband is determined to run with the bulls this july so we will be there at the craziest time of the year. Any suggestions would be great!

#3434 - 01/18/02 09:50 PM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Traveler! Have a great time in Pamplona, but please tell your husband to BE CAREFUL. The Mozos (Spanish runners with the bulls) train year round for this event and it is not to be taken lightly. When you release 11 bulls onto a dew slick cobble stone street that twists and turns, add hundreds of cameras, hundreds of runners (drunk or not, false bravado, etc), a screaming crowd, etc... the poor beasts get disoriented and every year some relatively serious injury occurs...and it is usually an American.

Try doing a google search for accomodations in Pamplona. Definitely book NOW...the longer you wait the next to impossible it will be to find something.

I stayed in a pension during San Fermin a couple of years ago. I will look for the address for you and post it here...

Good luck and have a great trip!

#3435 - 01/20/02 02:54 AM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
nevado Offline

I'm going to Pamplona during San Fermines and the best rate I could find a week ago was around 250 Euros. Here's the address to the most comprehensive site I found: http://hotelroomsplus.com/spain-canary-islands/pamplona.htm

Good luck!

#3436 - 01/20/02 12:56 PM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
Guapetona Offline

I just stayed at an AC hotel in Pamplona. Great hotel!
web page

#3437 - 01/20/02 07:21 PM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
travler, what do you consider "reasonably priced"?? 50 €? 100 €?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3438 - 01/20/02 09:32 PM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
nevado Offline

Guapetona, thanks for the tip! I just made a reservation for San Fermines, 114 euros/night (by far the best rate I've found). If anyone is going to make a reservation, it's the same rate for just a room and a room with breakfast. I hope breakfast goes late so we can eat before crashing. smile

#3439 - 01/21/02 10:51 AM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
travler Offline

Thank you all so much for your input. This website is great! When I say reasonably priced I just mean around $100 a room or under. I did just look at the website for the hotel that Guapetona recommended (Thanks Guapetona!) but it was all in Spanish. I can read a little spanish but I couldnt get any prices so I will try to call that number.
Thanks again!

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: travler ]

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: travler ]

#3440 - 03/11/02 04:23 AM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
nevado Offline

Travler, were you able to figure out the website in Spanish? If not, let me know and I'll talk you through it! What days will you be there? We could have a drink! smile

#3441 - 06/25/02 12:13 PM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FYI: I JUST found an "article" written on Hostels.com entitled " Sleeping in Pamplona " (during San Fermín). THIS IS A *MUST READ* FOR ANYONE GOING TO PAMPLONA DURING SAN FERMIN WHO HASN'T YET FOUND LODGING.
Here's the first paragraph:

Sleeping in Pamplona
by Scott Kelley

July 2001

When I stepped off the train in Pamplona this year I was faced with a cold, hard fact: I didn't have enough money to get a place to stay. Hundreds of enterprising Pamplonans turn their apartments into miniature hostels, but the average going price for a bed at these cheapest of places is $20 (or more) a night. I had money for important things – food, alcohol, a place to stash my backpack – but not a bed. So I roughed it and slept outdoors the next four nights. Here is what I experienced, and what backpackers in a similar situation should and shouldn't do:
Read the rest of the article HERE .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3442 - 06/26/02 10:27 AM Re: Lodging in Pamplona
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
I stayed in Pamplona on 6/18 & 19/02 for two nights at the Hotel Europa . It was very nice. I paid 63 euros per night for a single room. It was air conditioned and nicely appointed. The hotel restaurant was recently featured in the Sunday N.Y. Times travel section and I had the best meal of my life there but it was expensive (35 euros). The fax for Hotel Europa is 948-229-235. The email is heuropa@cmn.navarra.net (or europa@hreuropa.com ). I highly recommend it.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments