Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34300 - 08/04/00 10:42 AM Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
ranman Offline

Loc: Canada
I am just wandering about the exchange rate for the Canadian dollar to the Spanish Peseta. Here in Canada to buy it is 1 canadian = 115 pesetas (thats to buy). What would the actually exchange rate be to buy pesetas in Spain.Just curious if there is that much of a difference. I know it changes daily.
Thanks to alll who Reply

#34301 - 08/04/00 11:27 AM Re: Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi ranman! I was reading your posting on the EuroTrip.com message board yesterday! You're an active poster! Good for you!

There's a great site, The Universal Currency Converter website that I use exclusively. Today, 1 Canadian Dollar = 123.974 ESP pesetas.

Coincidentally, I checked just yesterday and US Dollars to Pesetas was a shocking 189 pesetas to 1 US Dollar. Today it's down at 183 pesetas to 1 US Dollar, but this is FANTASTIC (for us in the US, not good at all for Spain). It was around 160 when I went last year and I'm looking forward to a good exchange rate when I'm there in October (Oct. 2-18).

Have a GREAT time in Spain, ranman! I (we all!!) know you will!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34302 - 08/04/00 01:10 PM Re: Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hola - You're getting such a good dollar/peseta exchange rate because Spain's joined the Euro (european single currency), which has lost around 25% of its value since it was launched. All currencies tied to it go down with it (their values relative to each other stay the same). The UK has stayed out of this system so far, so British hispanophiles are benefiting as well. If the Euro succeeds, then the peseta will start to be phased out in a year or so (I'm not too sure of the timetable), and everything will be done in euros.

So you can say goodbye (I guess) to "veinte duros", "mil pelas" and all the rest!I have to confess I don't like anything that makes Spain less distinct, so I wish they'd keep the peseta.

#34303 - 08/04/00 01:33 PM Re: Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i am so bummed that the euro will be taking effect in spain. I mean the peseta, the currency of spain will be gone and all of europe will be using the same currancy, no more peseta, i am so bummed. i am not happy at all with it, cause the currency of the country has its history and leaders and provinces on it, distinct from other countries, now it's all going to be the same, so bummed. they are saying that they will start making the euro money in 2002, and start trying to pahse it in in 2003. we'll see, at least we have a while!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#34304 - 08/04/00 02:40 PM Re: Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
ranman Offline

Loc: Canada
Is this rate the one you actually get at banks in spain or is it alot lower than that?

#34305 - 08/05/00 01:12 AM Re: Currency Exchange-Canadian dollars-Peseta
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Ranman! The exchange rate given by that website and others like it is the exchange rate set forth by economic factors. You won't actually get this rate at any bank. I think it's fairly realistic to believe that you'll get roughly 10% less at banks and 15% less at the QUICK CHANGE booths.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments