Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#34112 - 11/28/08 09:21 AM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Looks like you and your guests had a fun time, that's all that matters, fun and friends...Love your apron.....and the Lions vs TITANS...it was a great game...(for me anyway)...
Have a great day....
Karen

#34113 - 11/28/08 01:31 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well, MadridMan...you did it! Your first Thanksgiving! Congratulations! I bet everyone had fun and now you have a great story to share. Sorry that the stuffing didn't work out...too bad. But, I bet the little paper turkeys were fun to have on your table. smile

It was great fun hanging out with you and Steve on Tuesday. Glad we were able to see you and hopefully when we return to Madrid to visit my daughter we can plan another visit. The restaurant was fun, and the food was delicious. The mesón by the Plaza Mayor was also great to hang out in. Thanks for inviting us to that delicious ham and queso gallego. Yum. wave

#34114 - 11/29/08 05:30 AM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's all over and done with now. I've just mopped the kitchen floor and put away the last washed items we used for the Thursday night gathering. Luckily, with the leftovers, I'll have food for at least the next couple of days (no turkey though).

It was good seeing you and your family too, esperanza. I already look forward to your next visit. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34115 - 11/29/08 07:51 AM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
MM - no turkey perhaps but two roasted chickens no :-)

#34116 - 11/29/08 12:22 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe... As you said, turkey no, but now I'm down to ONE roasted chicken. laugh All of the stuffing's eaten along with the gravy, and still have a little of the green-beans-and-mushroom-soup dish left.

And all you other United Statesens? Do you have a week's worth of leftovers from Thanksgiving?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34117 - 11/29/08 12:38 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Oh yes, MM,

I cooked for 12+ and only 5 showed up. Yesterday, ham and turkey sandwiches...um........

Got to say that today, I'm looking forward to a little lighter fair.

I really enjoyed the string. It reminds me of all the obstacles I faced, and had to adapt to, when I lived in Spain. Bottom line, Spain is great, but it just isn't the U.S. Not that that's all bad. I'm so happy that you finally got a chance to live in Madrid. I hope you always have your dreams realized.

#34118 - 11/29/08 04:32 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
MM you have GOT to tell me where I can get hold of the mushroom gravy ! Absolutely delicious ! OH and , folks , the christmas lights are on in the centre ( I just got back ) somewhat understated but festive none the less !

#34119 - 11/29/08 05:23 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
On my mid-November trip I noticed the lights were up but not lit yet.I was hoping they would go on while I was there but to no avail. From what I can see on the traffic camera it looks good!

#34120 - 11/29/08 07:25 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Just read all the posts about your Thanksgiving and no matter what- it was a success! YOu did it! you cooked your first turkey (even I haven't done that yet-leave that to my dad), you had great company and sounds like all the other food was wonderful too! So salud to you MM!
As for my family- we are no longer cruise ship virgins and just returned from our first one. On Thanksgiving day, the restaurants did serve turkey with all the fixingsj-BUT no mashed potatoes! No leftovers either.

Good to be home! laduque
p.s. Love it when you post pictures-they are great!

#85630 - 10/30/09 05:57 PM Re: Madrid: American Thanksgiving Meals and Ideas [Re: laduque]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
MadridMan,

What do you know, this string is still open. Are you going to make another brave attempt this year?

C'mon Man!

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments