Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33861 - 04/25/08 05:15 AM Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
The annual Mardi Gras march for Gay Pride in Madrid has now ( finally ) been confirmed as July 5th 2008 . Events will kick off on 27th June and finish on Sunday July 6th . There has been lots of confusion about this .
Last year , Madrid hosted Europride ( every year one city is chosen to represent the whole of Europe .. this year it's Stockholm ) . An estimated 2 million people attended events in Madrid last year and I can tell you , from experience , that it was one HUGE party with the parade lasting something like 4 or 5 hours through Central Madrid .
The whole of Madrid's gay district ( Chueca ) will be in Party mode and there will be big music concerts arranged during the celebrations culminating in one big music festival after the Mardi Gras march .
It's HOT in every sense of the word in Madrid at that time of year .. The nightime streets of Chueca ( many closed to traffic for Gay Pride ) will have open air parties into the small hours with bars set up in the streets . :jump:
Steve .

#33862 - 04/25/08 01:46 PM Re: Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just conducted a search and found http://www.madridgaypride.com/ - in English and Spanish. Man, that website is difficult to read. The text is overtop of all the photos but it contains information.

There's also http://www.orgullogaymadrid.es/ - totally in Spanish.

I've attended the last two parades and not sure I'll go this year - maybe just for a little while. It's interesting but, as steve robinson says above, IT'S HOT. And MadridMan and the Heat don't go together very well.

Party On, Wayne! Party On, Garth! wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33863 - 04/25/08 02:35 PM Re: Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Another "official" website is run by COGAM ( Colectivo de Lesbianas ,Gays , Transexuales y Bisexuales de Madrid ) www.cogam.org . It's in Spanish . It has an option for English but even that seems mainly in Spanish .
The organisers of the event have said that it is " una fiesta de libertad , igualdad y diversidad para toda la ciudadania " ( A party of freedom , equality and diversity for ALL citizens ) . No matter what "persuation" you are this is a great ,colourful party for everyone .

#33864 - 04/25/08 02:52 PM Re: Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
This is the first year I will miss Orgullogay Madrid in 5 years! Gay, straight, old, young, this it truly a proud party!!!!
Bummed I will miss the parade...where else can I drink a thristy two ouncer of sangria on the streets and have a fabulous time!@

MM, heat does NOT agree with me either!!! Go figure I will be in Madrid this year in the dead heat of August@!!!!

#33865 - 04/25/08 02:56 PM Re: Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
I travelled to Madrid in 2007 for EuroPride and was blown away by the crowds. One of the things that surprised me most was the number of 'straight' people in attendance (which I LOVED). Knowing how open Madrilenos can be, and how much they love a good fiesta, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I'm hoping to get back to Madrid for Pride one of these years, for a 'normal' pride celebration (whatever THAT means...lol).

#33866 - 05/12/08 07:52 AM Re: Gay Pride ( Orgullo Gay ) Madrid
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
Ill definitely be here in this event! This will be the 3rd year march!!!See u!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1884 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments