Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33804 - 02/16/08 09:50 PM Wine From Castillo de Monjardin
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
My neighborhood liquor store is currently having a sale of wines from the estate vineyards of Castillo de Monjardin in 2002. Earlier today I couldn't resist the store clerk's sales pitch and so took a chance and bought a bottle. Although I haven't tasted the wine yet, I note that it's a combination of 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 20% Tempranillo. I do not know very much about wine, but wondered if it's fairly common to combines different types like this.

#33805 - 02/17/08 06:08 AM Re: Wine From Castillo de Monjardin
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Arthurg, is quite common to mix different tipes of grapes. The varieties you wrote here are among the most popular ones, specially the French Carbernet Sauvignon and the Spanish Tempranillo. 100% Tempranillo wine is highly apreciated.

I din't tried Castillo de Monjardín , it must be a good wine for sure. The winery is located in the village of Villamayor de Monjardin, in the region of Navarre, betwen Logroño and Pamplona cities, near Rioja.
Monjardín is the name of the mountain beside the town, on the top there are the ruins of a medieval castle(castillo).

pictures

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1437 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments