Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33635 - 08/07/07 07:57 PM How not to waste our first day in Madrid!
joycenj Offline

We are arriving next Sunday - our flight gets in at 9:30am and going to the bullfight that evening. I preordered bullfight tickets and we need to go to the TEYCI office at Pasje Comercial Carlos III in front of Plaza de Colon between 13,00 ad 16,00 to pick up the tickets. There doesn't seem to be a way to have the tickets delivered to the hotel (we are staying at the Hotel Emperador ). Is this ticket office on the way to the bullfight arena? I was told it should take 20 minutes to get to the ticket office from the hotel. Is this correct? I think the bullfight starts at 7pm so I'm wondering what to do between the time we have to pick up the tickets and the bullfight if it was on the way there.
Or do you have suggestions for getting there and back to pick up the tickts without wasting the entire afternoon? Help!

#33636 - 08/07/07 09:06 PM Re: How not to waste our first day in Madrid!
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
> I'm wondering what to do between the time we have to pick up the tickets and the bullfight

Go for a walk in the Retiro after you pick up the tickets. People watch, have drinks at a terraza, walk along the shady paths. It's a Sunday tradition. Then grab the metro to the bullfight (there's an entrance to red line in the northwest corner of the Retiro). Ventas is just a few stops.

#33637 - 08/08/07 02:51 AM Re: How not to waste our first day in Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to their conditions page @ http://www.ticketstoros.com/tpv/lang/en/condiciones.html it states
Quote:
PLACE AND TIME OF TICKET COLLECTION.
Collection of tickets is done the same day of the bullfight from 13,00 to 16,00 PM. 1.- For all event in Madrid: IN MADRID: TEYCI´s office located in Goya 5 (Pasaje Comercial Carlos III, -in front of the Plaza de Colon). 2.- Sevilla: ENTOFUCON, wich office is located in 27,Pastor y Landero (Sevilla). 3.- CLUB TAURINO, Located in 12, General San Martin (Valencia). 4.- Malaga: ENTOFUCON delivers the tickets the same day of the corrida at HOTEL MS MAESTRANZA (Canovas del Castillo, 1 - Malaga).

WHO CAN COLLECT THE TICKETS.
To collect the tickets, present your passport, other identification or the receipt of the purchase or the confirmation sent by email after the order is made. Tickets can be collected by persons other than the purchaser: to do this, the purchaser must send an email to compras@ticketstoros.com indicating the name of the person who will be collecting the tickets.

... but doesn't mention the possibility of delivery to hotels . But to be sure, you could always contact them via email. Maybe they'll me allowances for you or charge you a small fee to deliver them to your hotel. I know another company, Localidades Galicia , does deliver its bullfight tickets to hotels.

Is the Plaza de Colón ticket office on the way to the bullring from your hotel? It is, more or less - if you were walking, but I imagine you'll be taking the metro or a taxi to the bullring, right?

This hotel is on the Gran Vía, between Plaza España and Plaza de Callao. Is this 20 minutes from the Plaza de Colón? Hmmm.... Possibly, but doubtful unless you're a marathon Power Walker. It's uphill the first third of Gran Vía and downhill the rest, you have other pedestrians, crosswalks, glaring sun, jetlag, and other distractions. My estimate would be closer to 30 minutes walking.

And you'll be able to "refresh yourself" on Hotel Emperador 's rooftop swimming pool. The hotel's pool was spotlighted on TeleMadrid TV recently as being a kind of "Green Space" (loosely termed in this case) in the center of Madrid. We'd love your review of this place in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum category, if possible, when you come back.

But what to do with your "spare time"!? My simple suggestion is to get the Madrid Vision double-decker hop-on-hop-off touristic bus, put on your sunblock and get in the top deck, and see the sights of Madrid while seated and listening to the recorded commentary. There are several lines you can take and probably can do them all before you have to leave for the bullfights.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33638 - 08/08/07 04:02 PM Re: How not to waste our first day in Madrid!
joycenj Offline

Once again, thank you for your helpful advice. I was able to cancel my tickets and purchased a new set thru the website you mentioned Localidades Galicia and they will deliver them to the hotel!!!

Another question, I am reserving seats at the Flamenco show at Casa Patas . How is the food there or is it better to have dinner somewhere before (or tapas and then dinner there!)?

#33639 - 08/09/07 03:30 AM Re: How not to waste our first day in Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Flamenco places in general, including Casa Patas , are not famous for their food - at all. I, personally, don't think it's worth the extra 20+€ expense but that's just me. I don't intend to say flamenco show food is bad, I'm sure it's not, but not as good as it seems they (generally speaking about all flamenco places) charge for it.

In my opinion, having a number of tapas at a nearby tapas bar before the show will make your Madrid-experience even richer.

Casa Patas , and nearly all the others, will give you one free drink and a small tapa with your "general admission".

Enjoy your stay in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1482 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments