Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33567 - 05/29/07 08:51 PM Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
ElCid911 Offline

Loc: NYC, NY
Just thought someone might have some last minute ideas with regard to these two topics. I'm arriving this Saturday in Madrid and it looks like the bullfight at Las Ventas is sold out that evening. Is there a decent chance to pick up a ticket outside Las Ventas on the same day? Also...what would be the most authentic venue to see a flamenco performance in Madrid now? I'm staying at a hostal near Puerta del Sol. Thanks to all for any suggestions.

#33568 - 05/29/07 10:47 PM Re: Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Try the reventas (ticket scalpers) along calle Victoria. If there is anything left, they will have them.

#33569 - 05/30/07 09:52 PM Re: Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
ElCid911 Offline

Hey Mongo...thanks for the suggestion. I'll do exactly that and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

#33570 - 05/31/07 02:28 AM Re: Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't know if you know it or not - I imagine so - but this Saturday's bullfight is part of the monthlong Fería de San Isidro festival so getting tickets is tough. There've been TV reports of scalpers outside selling fake tickets or real tickets for very very high prices so beware. Sorry to worry you.

Oh, and I'm nearly certain the Las Ventas ticket windows open at 9am (or is it 10am?). Not sure what time you arrive on Saturday, probably 8 or 9am, well if you can get to Las Ventas directly you can see if there are regular tickets available through the ticket window. If you go any later there'll be a long line.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33571 - 05/31/07 06:22 PM Re: Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
ElCid911 Offline

Hey MadridMan....thanks for the heads up with regard to the possibility of fake tickets. I was aware of this being near the tail end smile of the festival and kind of figured it might be tight. Maybe I'll opt instead to try the ticket windows in the morning and see if I get lucky. Thanks for the suggestion!
Cliff

#33572 - 06/01/07 06:04 AM Re: Madrid Bullfight Tickets and Flamenco Question
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you don't have any luck for Las Ventas you could always try some other city like Toledo or some other place which you might visiting - but only count on SUNDAY bullfights there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1619 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments