Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#33464 - 03/28/07 09:17 AM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
after much searching and guessing (it was all in spanish, yes i am ignorant)
this is what i came up with
http://www.madrid1catedral.com/
the place was very oldie worldie with traditional spanish furniture and decor.
not got great reviews by some websites but we all enjoyed it

#33465 - 03/28/07 05:33 PM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hello Bylly,
I will try Madrid 1, it looks nice.
Thanks

#33466 - 03/28/07 08:24 PM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Today I had my second lunch at Bazaar on Calle Libertad just a couple blocks below Plaza Chueca. This time I ate in the downstairs - which is QUITE nice.

I ordered the Menú del Mediodía (as it was called) fo 9.89€ and chose the zuchini with chorizo soup. For the next course I chose the steak tips in sauce. For dessert I chose the natillas. Quite a tasty meal in a stylish place.

We arrived at just after 2pm and the upstairs was nearly full so we chose to sit downstairs and we were happier with that location thumbsup as it was a little more peaceful. When we were seated there was only maybe 2 other tables occupied. But by the time we left, at about 3:30pm, the place was FULL!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33467 - 03/30/07 11:20 PM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, I am now writing them down. Leaving next Wed. night. Can't wait to try out all the great food and atmosphere!

#33468 - 04/03/07 06:10 PM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
any reason that the famous El Brillante hasn't been mentioned on MadridMan for some time??? confused

(worried, Oldham )

#33469 - 04/04/07 01:37 PM Re: Madrid Restaurants?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Tonight we're going for a Flamenco show at Café de Chinitas - going with some friends visiting from the USA. We thought about having dinner there too but after calling they'd told us the dinner+show price was about 65 Euros PER PERSON! eek rolleyes Instead, we'll have some tapas elsewhere before the 10:15pm, 35-Euros-per-person show. Tomorrow, I'll give you a full report. ( READ THAT REPORT HERE )

Tomorrow afternoon (Thursday/Jueves Santo) I'm meeting a message board member at Restaurante La Sanabresa for lunch - location of MANY a MadridMan Lunch. Should be as good as usual. Will let you know.

Regarding El Brillante, I guess I've been focusing more on the old city center than around Atocha lately. Some friends from Barcelona were visiting, NEVER having visited Madrid before, and they were anxious to go to the famed El Brillante for a bocadillo de calamares. I was surprised this place had Spain-wide/World-wide fame!! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1456 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments