Basically we went for tapas every evening and they especially liked the Museo del Jamón ! (who wouldn't? rolleyes ) They also LOVED chocolate and churros at Chocolatería San Ginés. I also took them to have patatas bravas at Las Bravas. We also went to the Mesón de la Tortilla under the Plaza Mayor. They loved that experience too! We ended up having Paella at a place near la Puerta del Sol. It was especially good too. ( I cannot remember the name!) And we ate on the Plaza Santa Ana at Viña P. It was the one day when we had enough sun to sit outside for a meal. They loved the Plaza Mayor and we were able to sit at a café there to drink in the atmosphere one evening too. We also took them to Taberna Toscana Taberna Toscana for tapas one evening and they LOVED it! They especially liked the berenjenas fritas (fried eggplant) and the croquetas there.

You are probably thinking that all we did was eat while we were in Madrid with my family? smile We did get to the Reina Sofía, the Prado and the Palacio Real. They took some day trips to Toledo and Avila and Segovia. Now they are in Sevilla and we are back in NY.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments, everyone!