Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33238 - 11/20/06 03:36 PM Madrid Restaurants in Saveur Magazine
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I just purchased the November issue of Saveur magazine because it has an article about "Old School Madrid," written by Anya von Bremzen. (Anya recently published the critically acclaimed cookbook, "The New Spanish Table.") Anya travels around Madrid looking for the classic dishes since she had an urge to ditch the "metaphysical cooking" of the followers of Ferran Adria.

There are some gorgeous photos and recipes accompanying the story as Anya describes the food and atmosphere at such places like Casa Lhardy, La Tasquita de Enfrente, De la Riva, Casa Lucio and its "offshoot," El Lando, and O'Pazo.

Reading the article (as well as the posts MadridMan and JamonGris wrote about their recent outing) made me daydream of all those delicious tapas in all those wonderful places. cloud9 In the meantime, I'll try to make do with these recipes in the article and the food at our favorite local Spanish restaurant!

#33239 - 11/25/06 06:08 AM Re: Madrid Restaurants in Saveur Magazine
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Thanks for the tip, Although im not sure if I can get the magazine in Spain, I will try, Sounds like an interesting article. I always love to read articles in Non spanish magazines about Spain, half to get ideas of where to eat next and half just to see if they were "right" in their impressions of Spanish cuisine.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments