Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#33233 - 02/14/07 06:26 PM Re: USA: Paco de Lucia, February 2007
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Did anyone get the chance to see Paco de Lucia in Chicago last night? I thought it was wonderful. I must admit that I liked the second half of the concert the best. He is travelling with very talented young musicians. The first half seemed very traditional with Paco performing Solo most of the time. I like it but the ambiente only intensified when the whole group was performing. The snow was crazy in Chicago the last 24 hours but who cares when one is on vacation smile

#33234 - 02/14/07 09:52 PM Re: USA: Paco de Lucia, February 2007
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I was wondering how your concert experience was! I had never seen Paco before, and the last time he was in the area I missed him so I made sure to see him this time. I thought he was phenomenal and I agree that the second half of the concert was better with the entire ensemble. (At least I preferred that part to the first part.) My friends also really enjoyed the show, and I hope yours did, too! Bravo Paco!
clap

#33235 - 02/15/07 09:08 PM Re: USA: Paco de Lucia, February 2007
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
La Historiadora,

Thanks again for the great tip on Paco's performance in Chicago. Years ago he came to Milwaukee touring with Al di Meola and John McLaughlin. I was able to attend this concert, but this one in Chicago was so much better. It was a wonderful 24 hours in Chicago. We even went to the Art Institute and visited with many Spanish works like el Greco, Goya, and Picasso. BTW you can still take photos at the Art Institute in Chicago without flash of course wink Perhaps we would have done tapas too, but taxis were difficult to catch on that snowy night. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself also.

#33236 - 02/18/07 10:45 AM Re: USA: Paco de Lucia, February 2007
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
In another story i have been listening to Malų for the last few months and like her.Then i read that she is actually Maria Lucia Sānchez born march 15 1982 in Madrid. She is the daughter of Pepe de Lucia and niece of Paco de Lucia.

Now i know why she sings so good; listen to her on No voy a Cambiar;here www.los40.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2446 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments