Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32987 - 04/14/06 12:48 PM Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
BHinSanDiego Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Does anyone know a great place to watch the bullfights on televsion in Sol area.

#32988 - 04/15/06 09:10 AM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
You have a few Irish bars in the city center that air football matches but I haven't heard of any airing bullfights and I know about 40 of them. Nevertheless I like the idea, who knows I may start one someday.

#32989 - 04/15/06 10:18 AM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There's a very small, old bar on the south side of the Plaza Mayor called "Torre de Oro Bar Andalú". The inside is full of bullfighting items, capes, photos, and stuffed bull-heads. :p There, they might show the Sunday bullfights live - but I honestly don't recall if they even have a television inside. As I said, it's quite small but definitely interesting.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32990 - 04/15/06 09:26 PM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
BHinSanDiego Offline

Thanks for the info, the group I'm with have a meeting until 7PM on Thursday May 11th, and then we take off to Salamance the next morning. We were hoping that since this is the heart Festival of San Isidro and there are fights that evening we'd be able to go but logistics don't allow it. We figure the next best thing is watching on TV since this is the time of the best fighters and toros.

#32991 - 04/16/06 03:03 PM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I think I have found sth, I am sending you a private message.

#32992 - 04/17/06 12:45 AM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
nevado Offline

If you're interested in venturing out of the sol area, Los Timbales on c/Alcala and El Albero on c/Maestro Alonso (both between ventas and manuel becerra)will certainly have the corridas televised.

#32993 - 04/18/06 03:07 AM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
BHinSanDiego Offline

Thanks, Nevado, from what my group has been telling me they may prefer to head out that way!

#32994 - 04/22/06 04:33 PM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
I was in bar Los Muniz on Huertas very near Plaza Santa Ana a couple of Sundays ago, and they had the TV tuned to the Novice bullfights. Not sure if they regularly watch bullfights there, but it can't hurt to ask them, they're very friendly.

#32995 - 04/24/06 09:07 AM Re: Madrid, Bullfighting Bars
blueterrier Offline

Had to laugh at your suggestion madridman, everytime we go into the Torre de Oro we wonder if it is possible to cram anymore andaluz artefacts and tat in there, they seem to have the lot, bulls heads,tails,ears,piccies of bulls,gazpacho,ornate tiles,vino fino, its just like being in a bar down Calle Betis smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1722 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments