Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#32880 - 02/04/06 05:07 AM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Most of the recommendations I´ve seen here are for touristy "Flamingo shows" (exactly!) However, Madrid has the best Flamenco scene outside of Andalucia as many performers, for example from my hometown of Jerez, go to Madrid on a regular basis to work. If you can navigate through the Spanish, try www.tristeyazul.com, get to the main page, and click on the link "Cartelera". There are quite a good number of good venues, such as the peña flamenca "El Duende" or Sala El Juglar in Lavapies. Not all of it is going to be flamenco dance, but it will be "auntentico"!

#32881 - 02/05/06 10:26 AM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Mike have you considered a day trip to Toledo?

#32882 - 02/05/06 10:42 AM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
MikeNSwiss Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Andres:
We would like to consider a day trip to Toledo...
Do have a suggestion for us?

#32883 - 02/05/06 10:45 AM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
MikeNSwiss Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Berzabuena:

Many thanks for the tips onnon-touristy Flamenco viewing. My best friend who will be travelling with me is a Columbiana, so navigating Spanish will be easy. Thank you again for all your help.
Cheers! Michael

#32884 - 02/05/06 07:06 PM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
MrWonderful Offline

Hola todos! Soy musico de Irlanda y ahora vivo en Madrid, estoy buscando un bar/cafe en donde es posible tocar un concierto, solo yo y la guitarra. Tengo mucho experiencia tocando en vivo en Irlanda. Toco como blues,country/folk y pop. Ademas tengo un monton de canciones originales. Can anybody steer me in the right direccion? Soy prof de Ingles tambien(CLARO). Realmente creo que el mundo deberia escuchar mi musica! He estado practicando casi un anyo y estoy bastante preperado. Por fi! Ayudame
El Country T

#32885 - 02/06/06 04:21 AM Re: Madrid: Food, drink and entertainment: and some Flamingo dancing and music please!
Andrés Offline

My suggestion is that you stop considering the trip and start planning it. You just need to catch the bullet train at the Atocha station and a historical map/bookguide of the city. I recommend you the map of Toledo La Libreria (Mayor st, 80) sells.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2708 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments