MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32779 - 12/06/05 07:08 AM EL BARRIO
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi,
Has anyone seen el barrio live? i'm going to see him in Madrid in April, can't wait.

#32780 - 12/07/05 03:57 AM Re: EL BARRIO
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
One of my earliest flamenco experiences was hanging out in an after-hours bar listening to cante from a little-known guy about to come out with his first album. It was "Selu", the lead singer of El Barrio. He's flamenco pop but sure can pull off the Bulerias "por derecho". I'm sure you'll love it, their music is very catchy, and at least in this part of the world, its heard quite a bit on the radio

#32781 - 12/07/05 05:11 AM Re: EL BARRIO
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Hi,
I have heard CD's of his and even seen a DVD of a live gig in Madrid just after the last bombs went off, it was really emotionally charged. The place erupted when he sang one song, Angel something or other. I really liked it.
I hear that 5 bombs went off yesterday in Spain, i hope that the damage was not too bad.

#32782 - 12/07/05 10:13 AM Re: EL BARRIO
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Berzabuena what was the bar called? Wherabouts is it? xx

#32783 - 12/10/05 04:20 AM Re: EL BARRIO
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
This was in an after hours bar (can't remember the name) in Jerez somewhere on the carretera de Arcos, it's not known for these famous sightings at all (and at the time no one really knew who Selu was), it was the luck of the draw and the people I happened to be with. A good bar in Jerez where you see the flamenco famous and not so famous is "El Colmao" on calle Arcos. It's owned by the brother of El Grilo, one of the top flamenco dancers in the world.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3022 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments