Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32773 - 12/02/05 04:58 PM Madrid: Menu del Dia Places near Hostal Acapulco?
Madrid in May Offline

Loc: USA
I know this is early (we're not going till May), but I'm already starting to gather information.

I would appreciate recommendations for restaurants that have a good menu del dia at an inexpensive price -- near the Hostal Acapulco (which we booked in part due to the good recommendation here).

Anything in the triangle of the Sol, Callao and Gran Via metros (or nearby) would be appreciated. Be as specific as you want - names, locations, prices, best dishes.

I await the expertise of this group!

Thanks.
Steve

#32774 - 12/03/05 06:16 PM Re: Madrid: Menu del Dia Places near Hostal Acapulco?
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
In Sol, there is a restaurant called "Museo del Vino" (not to be confused with the Museo del Jamon chain smile ). It was the very first menu del dia I ate after moving to Madrid. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and the decor fun (wine bottles cover the ceiling!)

Sorry I don't remember info such as address. I'm horrible with directions and only ever walked there. If you walk toward Tio Pepe and then turn right off on one of those little side streets, the restaurant is in that area. Maybe someone can give better directions than me smile

#32775 - 12/03/05 09:51 PM Re: Madrid: Menu del Dia Places near Hostal Acapulco?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Museo del Vino is on c/Victoria right next to Casa del Abuelo.

Another good choice on the street is La Alhambra. More rustic, but with great food.

My personal favorite is down the street from Callao. "El Ingenio" is at Leganitos 10, across from Hotel El Coloso. They have good food, friendly service and a quirky charm.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2861 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments