Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#32693 - 09/05/04 03:22 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
In Santa Fe, New Mexico, there is a restaurant which has the oldest bar in the city, on Canyon Road. I forget it's name, but it has good tapas and wines, and, I think, Spanish entres also. It is also famous for having murals painted by a renowned painter years ago, but I think they were destroyed in a fire some time back. A good friend of mine, David Cheney, sometimes plays good flamenco guitar there, and his wife, una gitana pura, sings and dances.

#32694 - 09/05/04 05:49 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Washington, DC has a great tapas restaurant--Jaleo. It's the only tapas bar I've been to in the US that I think would be able to survive in Spain... The chef--Jose Andres--will host TVE's new cooking show this fall...

#32695 - 01/07/05 10:49 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC

#32696 - 01/07/05 11:26 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
fiffy2u Offline

Loc: tx
and if you are ever in austin, tx. there's is a restaurant called, malaga wine & tapas bar, 208 w. 4th st.

#32697 - 01/07/05 02:18 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
Scarlett1 Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Oh yeah - Mariposita I've been to Jaleo and it is fantastic - great tapas! Does anyone know of a Spanish restaurant in the Richmond area?

#32698 - 01/09/05 09:28 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
There is an excellent Spanish restaurant near where I live in midtown Manhattan, EL POTE, located on Second Avenue between 38th & 39th Street.

#32699 - 01/18/05 08:23 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
I wish to add my agreement with the NY and Washington recommendations of Jaleo (DC) and el Pote (NYC). Here are a few additional Spanish restaurants that I really like to visit when I travel.

- S.F.: Zarzuela (on Hyde Street)
- Boston: Tapeo (back bay area)
- Wash DC: Taberna del Alabardero (18th and I) - this is the sister restaurant to the one near Opera in Madrid. Very good but expensive if you watching your budget.
- Chicago: Cafe Ba-Ba Reeba! (on North Halsted - you can eat here and then go to a Cubs game!.

#32700 - 01/22/05 11:14 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
David K Offline

In Washington, DC I like "Churrería Madrid" , (in Adams-Morgan, next to City Bikes). It reminds me of a typical mesón in Madrid, where the menu is mostly cheap Spanish "comfort food" like a plate of huevos fritos, pimientos, and chorizo, washed down with sangría.

I like it, but my madrileña wife doesn't, because she says, 'why go to a restaurant where you can make most things on the menu at home?'

#32701 - 01/22/05 04:47 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
PrincesitaDeVA Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Scarlett I am about an hour from you and was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know of any real spanish restaurants in the central Virginia area? (say Charlottesville, Richmond, Harrisonburg) I haven't been able to find anything Spanish related around here.

#32702 - 01/25/05 02:09 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Here is a good website to check out restaurants in the DC-VA-MD area. It doesn't look like there is anything in central VA....

http://www.dcflamenco.com/dcflamenco/index.shtml

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2092 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments