Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#32703 - 01/29/05 12:23 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Southern California has a variety of Spanish restaurants, but I suggest that one checks the menu prior to making plans, as there are still some morons running restaurants that think "Mexican" and "Spanish" are synonyms.

Of the few I've visted, these are they:

Viva Madrid, a tapas bar located in quaint downtown Claremont, off the 10 fwy at Indian Hill Blvd., the ambience is fantastic, and all the items on the wall [an eclectic mix] are for sale...just ask.

Cafe Sevilla, Riverside [and other locations]. Not fully Spanish, more of a fusion place. Paella was not traditional, but had a few good tapas on the menu.

Luna Negra, Pasadena. Just south of Colorado Blvd., great ambience, but ever since MissMadrid98 left, there hasn't been a flamenco show like they used to have! smile Food was good, small portions and a bit pricey.

Cafe Madrid, San Diego. Good tortilla. 'Nuff said.

...and my personal fave:

Centro Basco in Chino, south of the 60 on Central Ave. If you like lamb, traditional family-style eating, and good portions for the price, you're in the right place. I'm not biased, either. I took a colleague to lunch here and he suggested that all subsequent lunch meetings be in the same place.

#32704 - 06/17/05 10:07 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Found a great link for Spanish Restaurants in NYC:

http://www.spanishnewyork.com/spanish-restaurants-in-new-york.html

If I try any, I'll let y'all know!

#32705 - 10/16/05 02:12 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
tclearyn3 Offline

Loc: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You all have made me VERY hungry!!

I wanted to add to a previous post that mentioned "VIVA MADRID" in Downtown Claremont...our absolute best restaurant in town, hands down!! The ambiance is very tavern like, rustic, loud, and the food is INCREDIBLE!! The service there has always been fantastic even with a room full of tables.

Our children run from us when we return home because we just reek of great garlic and good food!

If you are anywehre near the area, I definitely would recommend this for a great night out, it's located in a quaint small town area with lots of boutique shops near by.

#32706 - 10/19/05 10:20 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
Guiri Grande Offline

Loc: San Antonio
There also is a restaurant Churreria Madrid located in Washington, D.C.

I have just moved to San Antonio. Does anybody know of one here?

#32707 - 10/26/05 12:01 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
jabch Offline

In Kansas City, MO:

- La Bodega: Locals love it. Most Spaniards think it is just Ok.

- Cafe Sevilla: Just opened, across from La Bodega, and everyone loves it. They have flamenco shows over the weekends and a great guitar player and most importantly the Chef is from Spain.

Both restaurants are on Southwest Boulevard, known mostly for its Mexican restaurants.

#32708 - 10/26/05 03:42 PM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Even though is way off geographically, I found a decent spanish place in Melbourne!!!. To me it was a total surprise to find it, being alone in the city on a business trip...

"Movida" is quite popular and easy to find in waht's up or similar for Melbourne

#32709 - 10/28/05 09:53 AM Re: USA: Spanish restaurants?
stevefrat Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Can anyone recommend a Spanish restaurant in Philadelphia?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2065 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments