MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#32641 - 01/11/06 06:37 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'm glad they finally arrived and that your opinions are unanimous. I'll have to order one myself. Hope they have a good effect on the future of Spanish wine.

Cheers!

#32642 - 09/08/06 08:42 AM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I brought back this "old" topic.

Yesterday I received an invitation to attend a Spanish Wine/Tapas tasting here in New York City. For $60 per person, I going to skip it. But for that $60 you can try 300 different Spanish wines. I personally do not think I could try more than 20 wines before I would have to stop.

I did visit the Wines From Spain website. I notice they stopped offering the free book and those of us that did get one should feel very to have this excellent book, the website seems to have current information.

Bill

#32643 - 09/08/06 03:04 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
Ha...here in Florida - we have a huuuge distributor of Spanish wines in Boca. Every year, they host this gigantic free tasting at a local wine shop. That is tomorrow...... yeah ha....the bar is stocked with "real Spaniards" as well . . . lots of lisps and throaty "j"s flyin' all over the place.

I'll be thinkin' of ya Bill

Yeah...FREEEEEE

#32644 - 09/08/06 04:11 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

TJGuy

If you find anything good and sober enough to remember the name, don’t forget to share the information with the MadridMan gang. thumbsup

Bill

#32645 - 09/10/06 03:57 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

That's right TJguy. Keep us posted about anything interesting available over there. From what I gather, the event was yesterday. Was it worth it? What am I saying?!!! Free wine!! Of course it was.

#32646 - 09/11/06 11:03 AM Re: Wines from Spain - US
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
Best kept secret - but seems to be widely available IF you search for it.

http://www.nekeas.com/

Vega Sindoa is the name of the wine from Nekeas which is from Navarra.

I don't usually fall in love with wines and will stick with Spanish wines out of loyalty to Spain. BUT the Vega Sindoa blend of 70% tempranillo and 30% merlot is a killer wine - great soft body with a slightly spicey finish.

They have a cab. blend as well but I prefer the Merlot blend

#32647 - 09/14/06 09:21 AM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

TJGuy

Thanks for the followup.

I am in luck that the Sparrow Wine which is close by my job has and for $7 a bottle. I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks for sharing!

Bill

#32648 - 09/17/06 07:23 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
JAcosta Offline

Loc: Los Angeles Calif.
Quote:
I agree that advertisement or marketing will bring prices up. For example one of my favorite "affordable" wines from Spain (available in U.S.) is Marques de Caceres - Cabernet Sauvignon. In the U.S., where is not as popular as in Mexico you can buy it for 7 to 9 dollars at Costo. While in Mexico you have to pay 15 to 20 Dollars for the same bottle. Anyway, even if prices were a little higher I'd like to see more wines from Spain in the U.S. and Mexico.
In the US you can buy Marques de Caceres at Trader Joe's Stores for a good price

$5 a bottle for white Rioja
$6 a bottle for Rose
$10 a bottle for Rioja

#32649 - 09/22/06 08:32 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

TJGuy

I findly had to chance to open the bottle tonight. I found it to be a good inexpensive wine and thanks again. I will pickup two more bottles!

Also I found out the wine is listed in the Wines from Spain book I received.

Bill

#32650 - 09/26/06 05:09 PM Re: Wines from Spain - US
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Quote:
Best kept secret - but seems to be widely available IF you search for it.

http://www.nekeas.com/

Vega Sindoa is the name of the wine from Nekeas which is from Navarra.

I don't usually fall in love with wines and will stick with Spanish wines out of loyalty to Spain. BUT the Vega Sindoa blend of 70% tempranillo and 30% merlot is a killer wine - great soft body with a slightly spicey finish.
I'm glad both of you like Nekeas wine. The winery is a good example of what Navarra can do best: make good wine and sell it for good prices. I've had it a number of times in Span under the name Nekeas. I wonder if Vega Sindoa is its label for the U.S. market. Do you happen to kow TGuy?

Quote:
one of my favorite "affordable" wines from Spain (available in U.S.) is Marques de Caceres - Cabernet Sauvignon
On a side note, unless Marques de Caceres is producing a wine I'm not aware of, I don't think that wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon. I mention this just in case someone buys it and is disappointed by the results! smile Rioja does not make wine with Cabernet Sauvignon at all, in fact. It is mainly Tempranillo, often blended with other varieties like Graciano, Garnacha and Mazuelo. If this all sounds like Greek to you, just order "un rioja" and enjoy it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2875 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments